Adding Easy Whirlpool off CFC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doggage

Reaction score
I have a CFC a la Cheyco's design, with a 3/8 soft copper output. When I cool, I'm recirculating from that back into my BK right now with a bit of silicone tubing, but I'd like some kind of flexible but rigid tubing that could articulate into the BK and whirlpool. I was thinking maybe just a long piece of 3/8 copper but would like to be able to remove it for storage. Any suggestions?

Doggage,

My thoughts if you’re using a converted keg as a boil kettle is just to make a solid 3/8 tube from copper and a few elbows that is positioned inside the boil kettle. The tube would run from the top of the kettle down the side and then have a 90 degree elbow that would direct flow to the outer perimeter of the kettle forming your whirlpool.

You would then just install a quick disconnect to hook your hose of from the CFC to the kettle. This is what I plan on doing with my HERMS design only out of 1/2 inch.

Another idea that I have seen floating around is using loc-line from McMaster. This is flexible plastic line that can be adjusted to many positions and have many uses. Just search loc-line.

Back