Beer Critiquing Needed ! ! !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thantos

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
So as I am rather new to this board and do not really know who is who yet! I would like to have a beer critiqued, and as with anything in life, we have your Pro's and your Average Joe's. Without upsetting anybody, can you all let me know whom some of the Pro's are on this board. I have just made a batch of a beer I am rather proud of and would like to have it honestly and bluntly critiqued, completely blind. If I could get three judges, I will send one bottle to each and await their critique. Then I will post the type, style and recipe after, regardless of the out come. That way everyone can put there two cents in on what could possibly be done or made better. I have found my LHBS and club to be a little clickey when it comes to judging beers, and want to really get someone on the outsides opinion.

So let me know what you all think.

Thanks in advance Gene.

I would contact a member called carnevoodoo. I have confidence in his palate and he is a very experienced beer drinker. I cannot speak to his review ability, but that would be my first choice of reviewers on this board. Also, he is in SD, so he is close to you.

I would also send one to olllllo and to NQX3 or whatever Bob's screen name is. They would be my top three.

Good luck.

Have you entered it in a contest? Most competitions have trained judges and will give you feedback on how to improve your beer. Living in the Bay Area you should be able to find a competition that is near you. They have them in the Sacramento area fairly often.

Have you entered it in a contest? Most competitions have trained judges and will give you feedback on how to improve your beer. Living in the Bay Area you should be able to find a competition that is near you. They have them in the Sacramento area fairly often.

Im in the bay area and would love some help on finding local competitions to get an idea of what Im making and how its turning out.

Also in the same boat, that I think I have a really nice beer that Im really proud of, but would appreciate an inbiased opinion.

Cheers

Lucas

I would contact a member called carnevoodoo. I have confidence in his palate and he is a very experienced beer drinker. I cannot speak to his review ability, but that would be my first choice of reviewers on this board. Also, he is in SD, so he is close to you.

I would also send one to olllllo and to NQX3 or whatever Bob's screen name is. They would be my top three.

Good luck.

Hey, that's me! Thanks for the mention. I would be glad to give your beer a whirl. I'm not a pro, but I've won some awards, attended a brewing technology course, drank more than a fair amount of just about every craft beer I can get my hands on, and I will give you a fair opinion, whether you like it or not. :)

I've given feedback to friends before, and I would definitely elaborate for you, seeing how I'd want to give you a whole review. I know there are some BJCP certified judges on here, but I'd review for quality and worry about style as a secondary concern. Let me know. You can PM me if you want.

I've got whiskey kegs coming this week, Let me see how the beer does in those for a few weeks, then I'll bottle some and definitely take any offers to give it a whirl!

Cheers

Lucas

Back