So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed an 8 gallon batch of light blonde ale. Everything mostly went perfect. 83% efficiency, excellent boil.

A wasp, a fly and a gnat got in the wort. Hope I don't get an infection. I need to get a screen for the keggle.

Threw down all 15 gallons this weekend:

Tasty APA
Milk Stout
Special Bitter

Might move to double batches from here on. Did both the Milk Stout and Special Bitter in 6 hours total.

The bugs add protein :)

Brewed a Irish Red this weekend! And so yet again a waiting game begins to taste the newest brew in the line up :)

5G of Bee Cave Robust Porter to introduce a friend to homebrewing. Looking forward to the end result.

6gal Belgian Golden Strong
5 Gal Christmas spice beer with a good dose of chocolate malt

Bottled Belgian Pale ale

I'm teaching a friend everything I know about brewing before I ship off to San Francisco next month. He's learning quickly.

Successfully put off brewing again this weekend. I am getting really good at this. Looks like a split day mid0-week brew for me is unavoidable.

I had many malfunctions and a 12 hour long comedy of errors again...typical for my AG brewdays. I still don't have my rig dialed in and I make adjustments that screw with everything else on the fly...and then my lab-thermometer falls to the patio and explodes.

All temps were done with my backup thermometer that wasn't calibrated to mashing temps.

OOPS!

2 batches down- Hoeegarden clone (second try on this) and an IPA. My first runnings were .010 too low, so I kept on boiling and boiling with an extra 1.5G water to get to my target.

Fun stuff, but my whole body is sore today from the experience.

Ended up with a OG of 1.120 on my brew from this weekend, overshot the estimated 1.113.

Half way through the sparge, I realized that I could run a few more gallons through the grains and get a normal gravity brew, so that is what I did. I have the big brother 1.120 and little bro 1.045 beer, both chugging away in my new chest freezer :)

My group brew day was a success, between us we made over 30 gallons of blackheart stout, sampled a lot of tasty homebrew, and had some awesome bbq. Pitched a nice big starter, this is my second time fermenting in a keg so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my cleaning routine was adequate and everything comes out nicely.

Keepin this thread going. Weather in MD is perfect. I'm brewing a Munich Helles based on BM's Helles Belles recipe. Just got hot break, strolled down to the mailbox and there's a new issue of BYO. Been drinking my Amarillo PA, and will probably crack a store bought SN Torpedo next. I <3 brewdays.

I did a Mild last weekend, and I'm gonna try to do something this weekend, but not sure what.

I still need to pitch yeast into the mild (its in a winpak, no chill). All I have is 1084 (Irish ale yeast), anyone think that would make a decent mild?

Figure I am going to brew an IPA of some sort. Any suggestions (needs to be extract or partial mash because I am still assembling my AG setup. Montanaandy

I am actually out of fermenters, which presents an interesting situation. I think I need to buy more fermenters...

I am actually out of fermenters, which presents an interesting situation. I think I need to buy more fermenters...

Got the same problem. I'm racking 2 batches tonight to make room for Sunday's brews. It's gonna be re-teach a friend to brew day. My buddy who got me into brewing is coming out for a double session. It'll be his first real introduction to proper sanitization, using a hydrometer, pitch rates, aeration, you know, all the stuff we never did back in the day. Somehow those IPA kits always came out good. Plus he'll get to see The AG process. He's doing an octoberfest extract batch and I'm finally getting to the first of my single hop IPAs. Starting with centennial.

I've got two batches planned for tomorrow (Saturday): a Pale Ale with Kolsch yeast, and a Patersbier with Trappist yeast. I'll start by milling my grains this evening!

I also racked today to free up some primaries.

Plan is for a Hefe Weizen on Saturday. Out of season - but I had an old Wyeast pack that I wanted to check for viability (it is) and then do some yeast washing so I'm ready in the Spring/Summer to make some more.

And, then on Sunday or Monday, something with Wyeast 1028 (London Ale) - another old pack I'm reviving then washing. Possibly the AHS British IPA if I wait till Monday and UPS is early.

I am doing Denny's Vanilla Bourbon Porter. I am going to rack my Banana Bread Ale to the secondary ( on the vanilla beans and some real bananas... I think) Rack my double chocolate milk stout onto the cacao nibs. Then go to a pre Thanksgiving dinner that can't be beat...queue "Alice's Restaurant"

Kegging a porter tonight and then doing a "not so clone" Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and an IPA tomorrow. It will be our first try at doing two 5 gallon batches on the same day. We're hoping to save some time by brewing them back to back rather than the old "one per weekend" way. I really wish we would have bought equipment large enough to brew 10 gallon batches. At the time we were thinking, "who would want 10 gallons of the same beer?" What a stupid question...

Saw Arlo Guthrie (and family) perform last night! Alice's Restaurant wasn't on the set list - but will definitely be played next week while driving to my brothers.

Very cool. IT has been a few years since I've seen them. The last time was at the Boulder theater and it was an awesome show

Brewing up a Dragon's Milk clone to put into my whiskey barrel. Just mashed in about 15 minutes ago.

I just got done with my first all grain batch. Cream of 3 crops. It's in the fermenter.

I have grains to do a Fat Tire clone too. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday for that one.

I'm brewing an oatmeal stout tomorrow. I'm looking forward to drinking this one more than usual.

Back