Anyone know where to get roeselare?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
I know it is out of the availability window, but does anyone know if there are any online vendors that still have any available? SuperiorBrew and Forrest (Austin Homebrew), I am looking towards you.

I have a keg in the basement infected with it. But it's also got lacto and pedio and brett and god knows what else in it. :p

Any updates on this? I want to brew a Flanders Red, but finding the Roeselare blend has been a Herculean task to say the least.

I'm thinking this may just have to wait until we're back in the availability window.

I believe they are going to release it every year. Though I did see from Brian on a different forum that it's the same as the Lambic blend but with different ratios of everything.

It'd be interesting to do a split batch one with each to see if there is a noticeable difference. I still have a pack of the roselare that I'm going to use real soon, but I was going to do a split batch and the other carboy was going to get the White Labs sour blend

Here's the quote from Brian:
shhhhh!! here's a secret....the Wyeast 3278 Lambic Blend is the same stuff as the Roselare, just slight variations on the amount of the brett strains.

and the source of it was: The Brewing Network • View topic - Wyeast Roselare Ale Blend #3763

Back