Hi From Delaware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zack

Reaction score
Been lurking around for some time and never saw the introduction thread....I belong to a couple of other sites, but I must tell you the knowledge and humor that is spoken here is 2nd to none!!
After reading the brutus ten posts and emailing lonnie...I'm hooked on building my own....After viewing Bobby's you tube version of building a keggerator out of a chest freezer, I'm hooked..... I bought a used one today for 50 bucks..Nice.....So I'm off to lowes to buy some lumber...
I'm excited to "beer" here.........and I learned a valuable lesson this weekend after making my first lager that took 2 months to finish...I liked it so much that I drank it in two weeks with no back up.....:(

The Big Chicken Wing.....
Jack

Welcome to the boards. What part of Delaware are you from? I was stationed in Dover for four years and am looking to move back to the Wilmington area to be closer to SWMBO's family and friends (she's from Jersey).

Cheers. :mug:

Flyin' Lion:
I'm from Dover...so I know the base well.....born and raised here...I just finised reading Bobbys' thread on having a brew day at his house......I'm sorry I missed it.. I can't find anyone around here to help with AG...So when I get all my equipment finshed I'll use the old method of trial and error.....

Jack

Jack,

Welcome to HBT. There are a couple other Delawareans floating around here.
Are you new to Delaware?

Michael

{edit: you already answered my question.}
If you're looking for help with your AG, I'll be back in a few weeks and offer a hand. Not that I know anything...

Welcome, Jack!

I'm just south of you by about 40 minutes, near DFH Brewery. Congrats on your first lager! What kind of lager was it? I tasted an AG Munich Helles this past weekend that I brewed a couple months ago. Turned out great. Welcome to the board!

menschmaschine:

HBT is a great place to hang out and the knowledge here is first rate!! I made a light lager extract kit that I bought from midwest with the white labs wl800 lager yeast. I did everything cold (starter, fermantation) then lagered for 3 weeks. I loved it....but I drank it all.....I'm planning on going to the brew day at howdoyoubrew to learn more about AG. I'm woking on my converted chest freezer at the moment plus I'm gathering the parts for my brutus build with keggles....so much to buy/build.....I have stuff all over the place and the wife's wondering what the hell is going on....

I thought this was funny ( the other day when I offered her a glass of the lager...her response was " I'm not really into all that flavor!":confused: )
can you imagine.....?

Big Chicken Wing said:
HBT is a great place to hang out and the knowledge here is first rate!!

You got that straight!

Big Chicken Wing said:
I thought this was funny ( the other day when I offered her a glass of the lager...her response was " I'm not really into all that flavor!":confused: )
can you imagine.....?

No sir, I cannot :eek:

Im in delaware to... up north in Newark though. Ive been reading about things for a long time now but havent had the money to get everything but i should be doing that in the next couple weeks.

Latest posts

Back