Homebrew Club Fayetteville, NC??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a good time. The manager overheard the home brew talk and they offered us a tour. So after we BSed for awhile over a few beers we walked to the back to see their small brew set up. The brewmaster was a great host talking about how he started out a home brewer too. If we get and stay organized, he offered some great incentives such as 2 row at cost and a cask night.

Update on the FB part. Originally I did a FB page, and was recommended that we did a group, so now we have both, but will use the group primarily. Especially on our monthly meets. Next one is already on the calendar. If your a brewer or thinking about brewing, come and join us.

We meet at the mash house once a month. I'm trying to set the pattern of the second saturday of every month. We meet at noon on the patio. Last time I believe we had 8-9 folks show up.

A local "get out and do stuff" group in fayetteville has contacted us and requested a how to home brew demo. We will be setting up and brewing a couple different methods (extract, BIAB, so on). We will also be taking beer to allow sampling. Should be a good day and allow for a chance to bring in new brewers. This will be occurring on St. Patricks day weekend.

I understand theneed or desire not to have facebook in our community, so if you or anyone else wishes to be part of our group, just inbox me a quick note with a email address and I will try to keep you up to date. I will also try to update here on the larger events.

New homebrew supply operation out of the Sly Fox in Southern Pines. Opened yesterday but haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

I saw that on a poster outside the crepe place downtown. I was going to go by after I ate but when I looked up the slyfox website it didn't say anything about it. I'll definitely drive up there for supplies if they have good stuff, but the only real mentioning of it is on their Facebook page and no real pictures of what they have, just a wall of beer (which is still pretty sweet).

Ok, we to the Sly Fox this weekend. They have a limited number of extract kits and equipment. A little surprised to see their pellet hops and dry yeast at room temp ...I wouldn't do that but what do I know.

Yea, there is a Facebook group for it to make it easier to organize. Next meetup is this Saturday at the mashouse at noon. If you search Fayetteville Home Brewers on Facebook I think you can see the page and join, but I'm not sure what the privacy settings are. Mostly monthly meet ups with a few people swapping brews, and occasionally someone will have an open invitation to a brew night at their house.

I made it by the Sly Fox today. I had some bad yeast, and figured I'd stop by there for some replacement. They had a decent selection of Safale, although not refrigerated. They had some bare bones basics, and a good selection of craft brews. I'll still go to Triangle Wine Co for beer, but it is nice to have a local store with a few necessities for those "oh ****" moments.

Anyone know where we can get some wine concentrates in town? I wanted to make some of this <<click>> and it calls for Riesling concentrate. If push comes to shove I'll just use some white grape concentrate.

(yes I just posted a thread about this, but I thought those of you subscribed here might catch it quicker)

:off:

Don't have an answer about wine concentrates BUT I am told there will be an informal meeting of a potential brew club at Triangle Wine next Saturday at noon.

Hello all. Military guy here started brewing. Got two batches going right and itll be a few weeks before i bottle but i would love to get some pointers and such!im always down for learning more. I curently have a Regular light beer(like bud light) 2 gallonsbrewing right now and a Oktoberfest that is 3+ gallons..
Im looking into a Rice wine brew as well that im starting next week.
I would love to get together though. i herd something about a FB page and meet up. Anyone still getting together?

Do a web search for southern hop heads, that is a new brew club in So Pi. They have a website with forum and more info.

Hello all. Military guy here started brewing. Got two batches going right and itll be a few weeks before i bottle but i would love to get some pointers and such!im always down for learning more. I curently have a Regular light beer(like bud light) 2 gallonsbrewing right now and a Oktoberfest that is 3+ gallons..
Im looking into a Rice wine brew as well that im starting next week.
I would love to get together though. i herd something about a FB page and meet up. Anyone still getting together?

Facebook Group. Doesn't look like the guys have been all that active lately, but I'm out of the country currently. I'm one of the admins, but any of us will approve you pretty quickly if you request to join the group.

Next question... HB supplies in town? Grapes & Hops used to have some, but said they weren't planning to at their new location.

Back