Going to the beach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1GR8DA

Reaction score
The family and freinds are going to the outer banks for a week. I have some beer that is bottled but I have some in kegs as well. I would like to take some of my kegged beer but don't want to go through the hassle of building a "beer gun". Has anyone had any luck with the "Carbonator" from Northern? What about the "Party Pig"? It looks plenty large enough but how would you correctly fill it? The websites don't indicate you can use it for kegged beer. Any suggestions? I would like to take about two gallons from each keg.
Thanks.

I use the Carbonator and a 2 liter bottle all the time. I much prefer it to lugging glass around, be it in bottles or growler. I don't use a beer gun, either. I disconnect the c02 from the keg, bleed a bit off thru the release valve, then just fill from the tap.

The Carbonator works great! It works on those 1 liter carbonated water bottles, and 20oz Pepsi-style (not Coke) too. I am drinking a hefe right now that came out of a 2 liter.

When I keg a batch, I pull the first 2 liters into a soda bottle. This gets the first squirt of yeast and lets me force carb and taste the batch right then.

I use it so much I recently bought a second one.

Back