Nice Garbage Find Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJSkypala

Reaction score
Earlier today I went to pick up my friend @ work and saw some roadside trash...me being the trashpicker I am naturally decided to take a look. Found

2- 6 gallon glass carboys
1- truebrew bottling bucket
1- racking cane
1- immersion chiller
1- phils sparge arm

I already have a bunch of this stuff so I would be interested in trading some of it (perhaps not the carboys) for some small kegging stuff (I am trying to get a 2-tap keezer set-up going for the new year) if anyone is interested. I am pretty happy with batch sparging so I doubt I will keep the sparge arm.

NICE garbage find!

I'd be a bit wary of the plastic stuff... but still, the immersion chiller and glass carboys are quite cleanable....

how could someone throw that stuff out, are you sure they werent moving or something and you stole their stuff?

jesus. i never stumble across anything like that... the last thing i dumpster dove for was a rolling plant stand for my girlfriend....

Good find

I have incredible luck with garbage. At the beginning of last summer I found a working Thorens TD-124 turntable....if you've never heard of it just look it up on e-bay.

Back in 1982 I pulled boxes out of a dumpster from an estate the old guy was being placed in a rest home. The boxes added up to a complete 67 Norton 750.
It was his son's bike he took apart to paint with engine and trans still together, he was killed in Nam. It took over a years work to restore it to factory show condition again,. I had some paperwork but still filed for lost title. That was my best find ever. Wheel chrome was like new.
The wife metal detects at the beach on the island, way out at low tide she got a signal ans started to dig. Pulled up a Ruger Security Six .357 stainless.
It is not stolen or been in a crime. It's her toy.

You really need to drive back there and slap the ex-brewer for throwing it out.
Or better yet, pitch up a homebrew to your nice find. :mug:

Back in 1982 I pulled boxes out of a dumpster from an estate the old guy was being placed in a rest home. The boxes added up to a complete 67 Norton 750.
It was his son's bike he took apart to paint with engine and trans still together, he was killed in Nam. It took over a years work to restore it to factory show condition again,. I had some paperwork but still filed for lost title.

I don't know to :mug: you or be sad on this one.
Great find for you, but a loss for others.
At least you appreciated the "trash" so: :mug:

Back