• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Beer Taps- Boston Craigslist- Not Mine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let us know how the equip is. I initially thought it was too good to be true, but he stuff looks good.

Two of the engines are in fantastic shape and the third is missing the pump assembly under the handle so that one will need some $$ to get it running.

The tower is also in great shape. It only needs a quick hit with brass cleaner and new hoses. The tower also lights up.. It back-lights the "badges" on the front.

Nice guy... He didnt know what he had. I gave him $80 since I felt too guilty... The guy even drove about 45 mins one way to drop it off.

Wow. I think I should have driven up from Central Pa. Can't believe it lasted two days on craigslist

Two of the engines are in fantastic shape and the third is missing the pump assembly under the handle so that one will need some $$ to get it running.

The tower is also in great shape. It only needs a quick hit with brass cleaner and new hoses. The tower also lights up.. It back-lights the "badges" on the front.

Nice guy... He didnt know what he had. I gave him $80 since I felt too guilty... The guy even drove about 45 mins one way to drop it off.

Congrats on a great deal! That tower alone is awesome.

You're way too honest; I would've just given $50, but I guess I'm a jerk.

No kidding. For some reason it didnt show up in any of my Google Reader RSS feeds from Craigslist. I would have jumped all over it. I guess i dont have one that searches for Beer or Taps so thats why. Good find!

So you emailed him after I said I was on my way to meet the guy???

Gee.. . thanks... what a cool thing for you to do.

no, I emailed him as soon as I saw the post on the classifieds section. If I wanted to sabotage you i would have said that you were some kind of beer paraphernalia fetishist and that a taser was a smart accessory.:fro:

congrats on the buy!

No kidding. For some reason it didnt show up in any of my Google Reader RSS feeds from Craigslist. I would have jumped all over it. I guess i dont have one that searches for Beer or Taps so thats why. Good find!

I have a TON of RSS feeds from Craigslist that use beer, keg, kegs, tap, taps, CO2, etc. etc. I think it pretty much covers everything in my area.

what reader do you use for them? I've noticed sometimes I dont see the latest stuff in google reader for hours. Usually thats not a big deal but anything thats a really good deal goes really quick.

I use Google Reader, like you. Yeah, there's a delay of about an hour for me, I'd guess. Perhaps there are better alternatives but Google Reader just works well for me on my computer and phone so I haven't bothered looking elsewhere.

I would have tried to talk him down. My wife is on a trip in boston too. Damn. Should have seen this earlier.

so hey was that tower air chilled or does it have glycol lines? any chance of posting some pics of the loot for us to drool over?

I was joking about talking him down. But... I would have just given him the $50. I think if he cared that much he would have done some research to find out what it was worth. I think giving him the $80 and telling him what he had was a kick in the nuts. Maybe now he is upset about selling it for so cheap. I think it is his own fault and you should not have felt guilty.

If this guys sells me three beer engines and a four tap tower for $50 I'm gonna sht my pants.

Did you sh¡t your pants?

Uhh... no, I never told him how much it was worth.

I called the guy and asked if he still had all of the stuff and he said yes. I asked (to make sure I wasn't seeing things) if "the engines are included" and he had no idea what i was talking about. He simply said, "it is all of the taps in the picture".

I asked where he was and he was no where near either my office or my house so I kind of hesitated and said, "I just don't know how I'm going to get to you" and he said, "Give me $10 for gas and I'll drive them to you tonight". My reply was, "Hell... I'll give you $20"
So now I'm up to $70 for all of that stuff basically delivered to my house.

so the guy drove about 45... ehh... ok... maybe 35 minutes down to near my house. I grabbed $80 out of the ATM and when I met the guy, saw that everything was included and the two engines were in great shape AND the tower was as nice as it was... I just gave him the $80 and told him not to worry about it.

I did not actually sht my pants but came close. I couldn't believe it when I saw all of the stuff just sitting in his truck.

Tower has a glycol line bundled in between the four beer lines. That might be a bit of a challenge but I think I can firure something out.

i have a good friend who's looking to build a chest freezer kegerator...

I think he's going to be pysched.

Someone send him a link to this thread.

Then he'll be sh1tting his pants! bahahhhaa

Good find

Back