time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No so far. You guys will be angry at me when the right one has been chosen. Here is a big hint since I am going home for the day (I removed the part of the hint I initially bolded so there would be some fun left).

Hint: I can only thik of one commercial example of this style that comes pre-bottled

What's pre-bottled? Do you just go to the brewery and stick your face under one of the bottling lines and they let 'er rip? :D :D

Also, I'm going with Chang :)

Someone has guess half of it. Here is most likely the final hint and everyone is allowed to guess once again!

Hint: uncropped picture, the commercial bottle is slightly out of character for the style, but provided what I needed
0716111933.jpg

Germelli1 said:
edited the hint to avoid mislead, unfair confusion. Everyone can guess again but I am not sure how much longer I will be up! :)

Hahahaha... dude, ALL your clues are confusing as shìte.

Belgian Pale Ale?

Black and Tan

Ding Ding!

To put my clues in context. The stout finished at 1.027 and ended up being way too syrupy sweet. So in order to make it drinkable, it had to be cut with something. I figured a pilsner or other lager wouldn't have the bitterness needed to counteract the malt sweetness but various APA's (and Legend Pilsner since it is very bitter for the style) made a very enjoyable black and tan!

Ok so this is the right "style". The "hint" from the first post provides some more details as to the ingredients used (ie. its not grains of paradise). Everyone can guess again.

Forgive my ignorance if this isn't the premise, but isn't this "name that beer style"? Or "name the ingredients I used in my beer"?

NCBeernut said:
Forgive my ignorance if this isn't the premise, but isn't this "name that beer style"? Or "name the ingredients I used in my beer"?

+ 1. Reno got it. Reno, your turn

+ 1. Reno got it. Reno, your turn

Ok so this is the right "style". The "hint" from the first post provides some more details as to the ingredients used (ie. its not grains of paradise). Everyone can guess again.

Well I dunno if I really did get it right. Boleslaus, are you using the quotations around 'style' as emphasis or are you using it the proper way, to imply I got the 'so-called style' correct but it's not exact?

I personally don't mind an odd one thrown in if the clues are good. How many times can we guess APA, IPA, Saison, etc... ?

The clues and pictures are what make this game fun IMO.

Watermelon wheat?

It DID bug me when people started doing this kind of thing TBH, but whatever. I've tried to stay outside of the box a bit while sticking to a "style" (e.g. tropical stout, kellerbier, faro, and most recently tej), but it's become fairly common now and hasn't been too abused, like forcing people to guess a Vienna/Summit SMaSH, or the fact that they used Caramunich III or WLP530 yeast, so I haven't made a fuss.

This one is particularly aggravating though... partially because it makes very little sense, and also because, despite that fact, Boleslaus isn't doing a whole lot to move things forward :D

Back