my kegging setup??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyweed

Reaction score
Hi Guys

several months ago I bough the "bare bones" keg kit from Homebrewing.org ($89, plus another $35 for co2 tank)

Anyway...just the other day I ordered up some parts including a 2 valve manifold so I could split the c02 and have lines going to 2 corny kegs instead of just one.

Here's my problem. the 2 way splitter has all 1/4" threaded fittings on it..and so I bought the lines to hook them all up, until I found out while trying to connect to the dual guage regulator on my c02 tank that 1/4" threaded fittings don't fit..they are too small to screw onto the shut off valve that came on the regulator.

Does anyone know the size fitting I would need to attach to this? It's larger than 1/4" but I don't know what. Any help you guys could give would be great.

Dan

There are different types of 1/4" threaded fittings.

1/4" NTP, which is the size of your regulator ports and 1/4" MFL which is the size of all of the beer connectors for the corney kegs, if using the threaded fittings.

This shut off is 1/4" NTP and 1/4" MFL.

THREADED Shutoff Valve :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

A cheap place to get manifolds is a hardware store, Home Depot or something. They have the manifolds with their air tank parts.

Yeah, I realize that the threaded fittings are 1/4" MFL..which most of mine are EXCEPT
the shut off valve that comes off this regulator. The shut off valve coming off the bottom of my CO2 regulator looks just like the one in the link above..except it's LARGER than 1/4". a 1/4" MFL fitting will NOT screw onto my shut off valve. Could it possibly be 5/16" MFL?? It seems like the valve on my regulator is just slightly larger than 1/4"

Dan

Back