I have extra ingredients and need suggestions on a recipe!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebtax

Reaction score
Hello everyone.. I am still fairly new and take a few risks here and there.. but I have never done this.. started with some ingredients and tried to build a recipe. I have some leftovers and would love suggestions on what to make from the extras.

I have 1/2 pound each of carapils, vienna malt, and dark munich malt. I also have 1/2 oz Perle hops, 1/2 ounce cascade hops and 1 ounce Simcoe.

(And of course I have things around the house like brown sugar corn sugar etc.)

I extract and partial mash brew.

So does anyone have any recipes they would do with these? I am not concerned with a particular style of beer (but it must be ale.. not lager) and would actually like trying something new...as long s I can use these, add some LME or DME and maybe more grains/hops if needed to make a really good beer.. or even just a cheap beer using these ingredients and some lme or dme only! Just looking for suggestions.

Thanks

just a cheap beer using these ingredients and some lme or dme only!

For an APA:
Use just those grains, steep and add water; bring to boil. Add half the Simcoe and half the Perle at 60. Add 6lbs light LME with 15 min to go. Add all the rest of the hops at flameout. Yeast of your choice, assuming Nottingham or US-05.
Approximate #s: 1.050/1.012, 5% ABV, 40-45 IBUs, 6 SRM
If you want less bitterness and more hop flavor, use about 1/3 of the Simcoe to bitter, 1/3 at 5 or 10 and 1/3 at flameout.

Back