A rare find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autoferret

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i found yesterday in a fridge 2 bottles of Samichlan year 1995 & 1994.

Both are very rare and very old in beer years. It had a chocalat/liquraush flavor. Very potant and interesting taste. Going to share w/ a few local brew buddy's tomorrow night!!!

Just shairing a find with everyone!!!

Well yesterday i bought a friedge for my keg sytem that i'm going to build and there was a bunch of beer and wine in there that the people said i could have. didn't look at any of it till i got home and found these in there... my local beer monger went nuts and i'm going to shair the rest of tehm with him tomorrow... re-bottled them to keep them fresh.

You rebottled them??? Like they were in sealed bottles, but you opened and rebottled them???

That aside...Samichlaus ( I assume that's the beer you mean), is definitely a great one. I just hope I misunderstood you about the "rebottling" ;)

i ment re-cap'd. after i sampled it w/ my wife and friend. i'm going to enjoy the rest tomorrow w/ my beer monger. just didn't want any funk from the fridge to mess them up!!!

autoferret said:
sorry... after 10+ years theere like 18+ aclohal content.
i'm not familiar with this beer...what's the alcohol content of one of these brews that's not 12 years old? and why would it go up after 12 years?

yeah, i found some info on it.... still not convinced that it would get stronger over time, though...

thats what i thought too. but my beer monger as i loke to call him was saying that by now it should be at 18 or so %. Its a all natural beer so i dont know...

but after all the aging at hurlimann's, there shouldn't be enough fermentable sugars left to raise the ABV by 2%.... and it was in a fridge, right?

I decided last year to start buying this every year and save at least one bottle for next year. I have three bottles from 2004 (purchased Dec., 2005) stored. Compared to the 2003 (purchased Dec., 2004), you can definitely taste a difference. The 2003 was a little more intense in flavor. My friend and I actually prefered it!

Back