I put my pump in a box....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBQBrew01

Reaction score
Decided to put my chugger pump in a box until I get my stand built. Here are a few pics.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

So, no venting? Should be interesting to see how long the motor lasts...

Cheers!

No venting yet, just prop lid open for now. Haven't decided how I will vent...don't want to just cut/drill a bunch of holes in the box...I want it to look good!

i ran mine in a closed box for several years. It didnt get too warm in there so i wouldnt be concerned.

believe it's thermo protected also, so IF it were to heat up enough to shut down it should turn back on after cooling down.
I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of these box/pumps being used without vent holes and without problems. Isn't one of the reasons to put the pump in the box to protect from being spilled on/sprayed? I don't know if I would even worry about it, run it as is.

How did you mount it that way with the head sticking out? Could you provide more detail/pictures?

I am looking to do the same until I can have a more permanent setup.

How did you mount it that way with the head sticking out? Could you provide more detail/pictures?

Best way is a 2 1/8" hole saw. Use a template to line up the screws:

March 809 Template

Basically, you take off the pump head, drill the hole in the box, stick the pump through and reconnect the head. The template helps lining up all the screws.

Best way is a 2 1/8" hole saw. Use a template to line up the screws:

March 809 Template

Basically, you take off the pump head, drill the hole in the box, stick the pump through and reconnect the head. The template helps lining up all the screws.

That is what I basically did....but I didn't have a template so I just mounted my Chugger pump to a 1x4 board to get it up off the floor of the toolbox and measured to the top of the pump and transfered to the outside.

Back