Need help mounting propane plumbing for Brewstand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustin_J

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I need some help getting the propane plumbing mounted to my Brewstand. Basically, I'm using black iron pipe and some 1" pieces of CSST for the plumbing, but I need some clamps or something to attach the B.I.P., which forms the bulk of the plumbing, to the brewstand itself.

I've tried using some pipe clips like these, but they after mocking things up it didn't seem like they'd clamp tight enough to keep the B.I.P. from rotating. Also, these are the only types of mounting hardware I could find at H.D./Lowe's but I may not be looking for the right things.

GalvanizedPipeClip_01.jpg

I've attached a picture below showing the general layout of the stand as well as a side cross-section showing how I'd like to mount the B.I.P. The stand is made out of 2"x2"x1/16" sq mild steel tubing, and there are 3 vertical supports that I'd like to attach the B.I.P. to if possible. The red line represents the B.I.P. section, the green is the CSST, the burners are grey, the black lines by the burners represent some adjustable mounting brackets that I'm making, and the yellow/orange is the sweet fire I'm going to make with my new setup :ban: Any help you could provide with hardware or methods of getting the plumbing attached would be appreciated.

standplumbing-1.jpg

I think what you have there is fine. Once you get all the piping screwed together with tape and everything, the pipes will not just sit there and spin. They will be secure. Just tighten the clamps around them good.

Take a look around the brew rig thread for ideas and to see how other did it.

Relying on any clip along to give rigidity to the piping in my opinion is not the way to go
I think I would utilize tees with piping going up the uprights. Then the clips are simply there to keep the piping from falling to the floor.
-David

standplumbing-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks guys. I guess I should elaborate on things a bit. The plumbing itself is built/tested and ready to go, I just need a decent way to mount in on the frame in it's existing configuration if possible.

Just put a little piece of rubber over the pipe where the clamps go to give it some grip.

Aahhh, that's a good idea. Thanks :mug:

BTW, it worked like a charm. IT doesn't need to be super rigid since it won't really be supporting the burners, and the rubber was enough to keep it in place. Thanks again for the suggestions guys.

Back