What has homebrewing taught you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also learned that I can gain alot of weight in a short period of time just by increasing my beer consumption.

+1 on that!

I started my trusty diet 4 weeks ago, that has never failed me in the past. It essentially involves an increased excercise regimen, and good nutrional choices.

The only difference this time around is that I have 10 gallons of tasty homebrew in the kegerator.

Instead of losing the expected 4 lbs, I have gained 3 lbs.

I understand this one. Last week my daughter came out to the garage and saw me drinking a beer while riding the stationary bike, shook her head and walked away

In the short amount of time I've spent brewing, I've learned:

Patience
I know more about beer than before, but the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know.
The TRUE definition of beer. (Hops, Barley, Water and Yeast)
Not everyone is as interested in beer as I am. WTF?
Belgium is now at the top of my list of international destinations

Learned about the story of beer, learned it's a great passion to share with people of the same ilk, and picked up a pastime that won't end up with my leg in a cast (no more flying hockey pucks and skate metal bits stuck in my eye- yup, SHMBO agrees that's a good thing.)

When I read about the evils of drinking beer, I learned that it was time I stopped reading.

That's just funny right there, I don't care who you are -:D

oh geeze....

I can actually build whatever it is I need for brewing, which is cool
I find it very relaxing and as if I ever needed an excuse to talk to friends of mine, I can bore them to death on beer topics....especially if we are drinking HB.
I also learned I love gardening and that I need 10 million bucks so I never have to work again, and can build things, work on my car, brew and garden

Back