Sean Taylor, R.I.P.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was just completely tragic, even moreso by what proved to be the false hope from his squeezing the nurses' hand last night. A complete tragedy.

Seems like there have been a lot of somewhat high-profile atheletes who have had their residences broken into and who have been in some pretty frightening circumstances. Antoine Walker, for example, had his house broken into over the summer when he was there, and he ended up tied up (he might have been beaten up a bit, too). There was someone else, too, but I can't remember. You know that no one's breaking into Sean Taylor's house unless they're packing, too.

Absolute tragedy, regardless of whether he was a star or not.

This is really killing me. Sean had really turned his life around since the birth of his daughter. My thoughts are with his family, friends, and teammates.

this sucks....it's all over the radio and it really is a shame. I've been hearing ex-players and coaches crying on the radio. from all acounts, he was a changed man once he became a father and he was such a talent on the field. I don't know how the Redskins will be able to cope with this during the season.

This is just nuts. It seems like there is more here that we know yet, but it's sad none the less.

*shrug* Till all the details come out I'm goign to reserve judgement. Could be that the guy asked for it--- can't tell cuz all the news reports are so busy talking about what an angel he had become.

I feel for his family and those around him, and especially his child.

I have a sneaking suspicion, however, that he hadn't quite turned his life around as much as the media is reporting and that this was in no way a random shooting as a result of a burglary.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Well, I don't think anybody ever "asks for it". But the fact that he slept with a machete by his bed "for protection" leads me to believe that this is not a surprise. A sad affair, yes. But not a surprise. The worst part is the fact that his infant was asleep in another room. Someone could have hurt the baby to get to him.

I read somewhere that his house was broken into about 10 days ago, nothing taken but a knife left on his bed. Hmmm. That tells me someone was threatening him. No matter how tough you are, a machete vs. a gun is not a smart move. Maybe some hired security guards would have worked better for him?

ohiobrewtus said:
I feel for his family and those around him, and especially his child.

I have a sneaking suspicion, however, that he hadn't quite turned his life around as much as the media is reporting and that this was in no way a random shooting as a result of a burglary.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

That was my first thought too. You can take the Hurricane from the Orange Bowl, but you can never take the criminal out of the Hurricane. Or something like that. Playing college ball in the sunshine state makes you a harder criminal than 4 years in Rikers. I hope I'm wrong...I hope that he wasn't putting his life and his family's lives in danger by still running his life Florida-style. But I gotta admit, given his past, that was the first thing I thought.

Then again...if it really was a gang-related "hit", why'd they shoot him in the thigh? They couldn't have known they were going to hit his femoral.

Evan! said:
Then again...if it really was a gang-related "hit", why'd they shoot him in the thigh? They couldn't have known they were going to hit his femoral.

Maybe they were just looking to end his career and not kill him...

Evan! said:

Well, why'd they shoot twice and miss once, and hit him in the thigh once? I have a feeling he was coming towards them with a machete, and that was the best they could do. Again, this is just my guess. I don't know any of this for a fact at all- so I could be 100% wrong. And I wonder if they might have been aiming at the groin?

Back