CO2 Refill in CT/MA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfista

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for a easy/quick CO2 tank refill between Madison, CT and Boston, MA on Saturday - routes 91/84/90. I won't have much time driving back from thanksgiving activities and have a bunch of people coming for football on Sunday.

Thanks, Jason

If you went 95 - 395 - 90 there is a abco welding supply right off the highway in Putnam Ct. on rt. 44 .

Find the nearest fire exstinguisher supplier, they'll usually refill YOUR tanks cheaply. Otherwise welding supply almost always do the drop and swap! If you were on the south shore i'd tell you R.E.Lyons!!! good luck :mug:

A second on Abco Welding. They do exchanges rather than fills but their price is very reasonable and you will always receive a recently certified tank. BTW I believe the Abco locations are open until noon on Saturdays.

Thanks all - I haven't had good luck locally with Fire Extinguisher places - 1/2+ hour away was the closest I could find. Not sure if I'll be able to get to Putnam by noon but we'll try. Is there any chance that they might offer upgrades to larger tanks with a swap? My 5# is basically new - one fill - so I don't really want to swap it.

Thanks again.

Abco in Putnam is closed Saturdays according to their voicemail. The one in Auburn did not answer so is presumed to be closed as well.

Just past Manchester on I84E exit 64/65. There is a shopping center with a Harbor Freight. They do swaps and fills.

Back