Confession.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosquitocontrol

Reaction score
Okay not as risque as you are probably thinking but.

I have not brewed since July. I used to brew 20gallons a month. I'm polishing off my last coveted keg of IPA right now. I have empty fermenters and nothing in bottles. I only have 6 bottles of apfelwein left. And for the last month I have been drinking cases of Coors Light as my main drink make my homebrew last as long as possible.

I am a horrible person.
My double yeast starter and 10 gallons of filtered water in the pots has been sitting on my stove for over a week.
I need motivation terribly.

Very sad.

Maybe get excited about trying something different? I'm all worked up about using some juniper or lemongrass in an upcoming beer.

I tried to go to the brew store twice in the past two weeks to encourage me. The first time I missed closing time because of a damn accident (took over an hour to get there!). And the second time I forgot it was closed on Mondays. That didn't make me want to brew.

Sadly the main thing holding me back now is knowing that the beers I crave won't be done for 1+ months. So whats the point. I just ordered a bunch of ingredients for quick beers that I can hopefully have for football in <2weeks as a motivator. I'm finding out I definitely need a designated football beer tap.

I didn't brew that much all summer...maybe 20 gallons from June through September. I too usually brew 15-20 gallons a month, but I just couldn't stay off my mountain bike long enough! That and I got another dog in May. Now that winter's looming, I'll fill that pipeline in no time, and still have plenty of time to ski! Let's get motivated!

I didn't brew that much all summer...maybe 20 gallons from June through September. I too usually brew 15-20 gallons a month, but I just couldn't stay off my mountain bike long enough! That and I got another dog in May. Now that winter's looming, I'll fill that pipeline in no time, and still have plenty of time to ski! Let's get motivated!

Yeah, too much mountain biking and skiing is my problem, too . . . . :cross:

FINALLY BREWING. 10 gallons today.
Centennial Blonde
Pacific Pale Ale
I hope to have both on tap in less then two weeks.
Also making starters for two more batches sometime before thanksgiving.
I forgot how good malt and hops smell. I must be crazy to procrastinate on brewing. But now I'm back.

photo%283%29.JPG

photo%284%29.JPG

That's no confession. You want to hear about a hiatus? My daughter is 11 months old now. I have not brewed since before she was born. :( Sad I know. I swore up and down that having a baby would not impact my brewing. December of last year I brewed about 35 gallons of different recipes in anticipation for the big change to our life. That's the last time I actually brewed. I will say that I have not sat idle. I have been putting this together over some months, and will be putting it to it's maiden voyage the day after thanksgiving.

IMG00139-20101103-1909.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the photo it's from my phone.

I don't mean to thread jack, more as an indicator that you are not alone. Life happens things get in the way. At least you are back at it, and I will be soon as well. :mug:

Back