Adding Pecans to a Kit Nut Brown Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
I have a NUt Brown Ale Extract Kit on its way for my first beer attempt. Was wondering if I could add Pecans to this and how and when?? Anyone done this?

Looking for that Lazy Magnolia Pecan Nut Brown Ale taste?
Try roasting the $#&@ out of them - I did 4 roastings at various temps until they were nice and dark.

Then I added them to the mash (when you steep any specialty grains). Pretty good pecan flavor.

If possible, you'll want to add some torrified wheat to add some more head retention. I think quick oats would work as well?

You guessed it. I fell in love with that beer the first sip. Not that I wanna totally replicate it (as if I thought I could on my first time brewing) but would be cool if it had some of the same taste to some degree. I havent brewed my first batch of anything and I am already hooked on this hobby.....And this place makes me wanna really get into it deep.

Yup- tried this beer at GABF, and both SWMBO and I were like... wow. This tastes like Thanksgiving. So it's bottle conditioning right now, and should be ready to drink with the turkey.

Do some searching around here, you'll find a thread where one of the brewers chips in with his say on how to make it.

Back