My $25 15 gallon fermenter.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually went without the bags and got a cheap sump pump on ebay to clean the barrels. Sit the pump in a large plastic rubbermaid. on the outlet of the pump I put a 90 elbow with 1" piece of PVC, so that the barrel would just slide over the PVC and drain back into the rubbermaid fill with oxyclean, water and start the pump. 15 min later you have a sparkling clean barrel.

After thinking about the bags, I elected to go this route because I thought the bags would make my beer cloudier. Here's why. The bag is going to have folds where the yeast will settle all the way up the sides. When you rack from a bag, the yeast in the folds is going to fall away and cloud the beer. I of course have no proof this is the case, but I believe the theory to be correct.

-J

Any chance of getting a picture of this? The sump setup I mean.

:)

I know that this is an old post, but I need one of these. Know where I can get one? My chest freezer is 16" diameter and 30" tall. I am going to be doing 10 gallon brews.

Holy Zombie Thread!

Sorryfor the revival- but I have one of these and plan on brewing my first 10 gallon batch this weekend in it. Scored it for $5!

I'm excited for big batches now, but I have no clue how I am going to brew it, I only have one 7.5 gal kettle. Hmmm...

Back