mango or peach hefeweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fayderek14

Reaction score
So I am relatively new to homebrewing and I plan on starting another batch this Friday. What I have discussed with the other guys that I brew with is to create a hefeweizen from extract. Now we want this beer to be a little abnormal so we are thinking about making it either peach or mango flavored. We have a pretty simple recipe that we will most likely use, im just curious to see what you guys would think would be better, mango or peach, and how exactly to add them to the recipe or if anyone has a recipe for a hefe like this that would be great too. Thanks!

I'd personally make an American Wheat instead of a Hefe for this kind of beer so that the fruit doesn't compete with the 4-VG phenol and isoamyl acetate ester. But if you want to play with it, I would suggest brewing the beer plain and then adding juice (like a shandy) or an extract when serving.

If you want to ferment the fruit, make a sanitary puree and add it to a secondary, then rack the beer on top of that.

Back