What's Brewing Easter Weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
I'm finally getting around to brewing again after about two months of waiting for the fermentation fridge to be free. :ban: I'm doing the alternate 07.07.07 recipe with the 7 grains that finalized by me and the bird. Mash is about done.

Hopefully I'll get to the 07.07.07 IPA by next week.

What are you brewing?

Oh I'm tryint out this great new recipe!.......nothing

I've hot ALL of my fermenters full right now.....I've deffinatly caught the bug!

The "leftover Amer Wheat" in my sig was bc I was just jonesing to brew the other day

So I've just got to wait it out until next week when I can bottle my Strawberry IPA and start a batch of EdWort's Apfelwein

The SWMBO is coming into town this weekend, so I will not be brewing, but I did just get done racking my kolsch to secondary and the affor mentioned SWMBO will be assisting with the bottling of the 311 DCA, which she in fact helped brew. I'm pretty excited to finally have some help with bottling for a change, not to mention she's not bad to look at either. However, the fermentor is now empty and I will be getting done with work at noon all week so I doubt I will be able to go all week without brewing up something tasty. Cheers to those that are brewing this weekend!

No brewing for me either...despite having 2 empty fermenters. :(

I need to take a break for a few days as the back flared up again today. THIS SUCKS!

Thank goodness I have a good stockpile going, plenty on tap for a while.

Nothing.

After brewing/bottling/etc every weekend for the past month or so, we've got nothing planned, and nothing that needs to be done.

Our Bells Brown clone will sit in the primary for one more week while we finalize our recipe for our attempt at a Dragon's Milk clone. Next weekend it's Alefest on Saturday and then we'll probably brew up the DM clone on Sunday, and pitch it right onto the Bells clone yeast cake, which started life as a pouch of Wyeast's Flying Dog Ale yeast :)

We've got six cases of beer in the house, all homebrewed. Another two cases in the primary and the DM clone will be another two cases, but that one's going to have to age some time :) We also have at least one more batch, probably BierMuncher's Blue Moon clone, planned. Want that one for this summer :)

I love homebrewing :D

Sad to say nothing for me. I have one carboy open, but one batch is still fermenting in the primary and the one in the secondary has a week to go, so if I would brew this weekend it would have to stay in the primary for too long while I wait for a secondary to open up. And no-- I don't really need another carboy!

I am brewing a Chocolate Raspberry Milk Stout and bottling an IIPA. Also going to a Strong Ale fest tonight, and skiing tomorrow.

Well i hope to be doing my first brew:rockin: and it will be a Honey hef. now just waiting on fedex to get my kits and gear lol been watching the fedex tracking

Just planning the next few batches and drinking some homebrews. I've got a lot of brewing lined up for May, if I can hold out that long.

Gonna toss a porter on my IPA slurry but the IPA is not grasping the tight weekend schedule yet as it's not ready for the secondary. Still not sure if I should get the grains on the way home or not. Surely, if I buy the grains the IPA won't be ready to rack tomorrow. If I don't buy grain the IPA will be ready.

Can't brew Sunday :(.

Belgian Style Abbey Single. Good summer quaffer with some sweet orange and lemon peel and a touch of crushed coriander.

7-Grain Revolution is in the can. OG of 1.056. It's a nice pale ale color, light amber, gold and tastes like just enough bitterness. Great so far. I think this one is going to be a nice beer to sit and have a couple.

Keg the 3CPA and brew the Bent Rod Rye. My driveway is about a foot tall and the lawnmower should be back from the shop next week, so I'll be cutting grass in between the raindrops for the near future. I also have to harrow the new gravel, another couple miles of slow pulling.

Well, I was going to brew a Marzen & a Vienna but the WLP820 I got from the LHBS was past it's date (Feb 07) and 24hrs later, the starter has not started. I guess I'll have to go back there tonight and get a new one. I just hate getting my plans derailed, especially when it involves brewing....

I'd love to brew a batch of my Haus Ale, but after working most of the day on the Texas Hop Garden, I see that I'm covered in Live Oak pollen and those nasty Live Oak Silk Worms. Those bastiches are little green inch worms hanging by a spider web like thread.

I don't think I could do a boil & chill outside without getting contaminated. I can't wait for this crap to stop. I guess I'll rack my Kolsch, keg an Apfelwein, crash cook my Stone IPA and then make another Apfelwein this weekend. All can be done in doors without pollen or flying worms.

Pale Ale for me, I can't seem to keep enough of this stuff around the house. It's always the first tap everybody reaches for, and usually the last as well. I'm experimenting a bit this time, with one more pound of 2-row and a touch more bittering hops as well.

I just mashed in and am getting set up for the boil. It's a beautiful day for backyard brewing...about 87°, not a cloud in the sky and a gentle breeze. It feels like summer already, so I'm sipping on a pint of my summer blonde and wondering what cigar to choose for this afternoons brewing activities.

After the wort is safely in the fermenter, I'm hoping it's not too late to refresh myself with a quick swim. Then I'll throw some pork tenderloins (with chipotle/ancho/cumin dry rub) on the grill, and steam some fresh green beans.

Say what you will about Los Angeles and California, but days like this (which are actually the majority!) make it all worthwhile. :mug:

Brewed up a AHB Shiner Bock Clone. It's my first lager, I'm excited to see how it turns out....only two months to go!

Wife had to work on Easter so I brewed Jamil's Russian Imperial stout. My biggest brew so far it had 21lb of grain for a 6 gallon batch.

I bottled my ESB (brewed Feb 23) on Friday and made my first mini-mash (also my first 5-gallon batch) on Saturday - an AHS Cream Ale kit. Both went pretty smooth, although I am just slightly worried about the smells coming out of the carboy - they are very harsh and fusel-like. It may be time to equip a cooler with a Styrofoam lid and use ice to get my fermentation temps down into the mid-60s (they are right around 72 degrees now, and it's only going to get hotter as the year progresses).

On Sunday, I racked my Blackberry-Apfelwein (started Feb 13 with Premier Cuvee yeast, added berries on March 1) off the fruit into a clearing tank, where it is going to stay for a couple of weeks. I sampled it and my batch of regular Apfelwein (started Feb 8), and they are both <1.000 SG, but both still taste quite yeasty. I'll probably have to cold crash them before bottling to get the rest of the yeast flavor out.

What is remarkable that, prior to adding the berries, the Premier Cuvee batch had turned a crystal clear amber, while the Montrachet batch is still a hazy light yellow. Amazing what different yeasts will do... If I make Apfelwein in the future, I think I'll try the Premier Cuvee on a regular batch and compare the taste side-by-side if I can find another bottle of the same cider I used (seemed to be a seasonal item as Freshmarket).

I brewed a batch of Ed's Haus Pale Ale. My first AG; and it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately I found out that my hydrometer is totally screwed up so I have no idea what my efficiency was. Either way... the yeast is doing its job so its going to be beer!

Neal

I did a Chriso Scottish 80/- with some Walnuts while my roomate did EdWort's Haus Pale ale, both AG.

I pitched a starter for the ale last night and this morning it had a 1.5" krausen.

Our efficiencies were dead on I think (still trying to get the hang of "finding" it.)

This thread is from Easter 2007! How cool is that.

Yuri_Rage came on up to the Bee Cave Brewery and helped out with a 10 gallon batch of Haus Ale followed by beers & tri-tip steaks on the Big Green Egg. It was a great brew day! I'm glad to get one in before the onset of the green silk worms which should arrive any week now.

Back