Homebrew has ruined my taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamBam0260

Reaction score
So I have been drinking Sam Adams and my home-brews for about 6 mos. I had a miller light draft the other day, which I used to love, it was horrible... I was actually kind of bummed and amazed at the same time lol

I bet if you drank pee for 6 months Miller Lite would taste ok again.

Problem solved.

I think rat pee and bud light are considered laboratory equivalents so you can take your pick. It'll suck at first but you will definitely appreciate Miller after that.

I'm not saying I would actually drink rat urine, but I wouldn't drink BL either so I guess it's a wash.

I went to a home brew club meeting and someone brought Budweiser... I do not understand it.

I have actually ran into some brews that I used to really love (hefeweizens especially) that really don't quite do it for me. Alas. It is both from doing home brewing and getting more into craft brew; my tastes have changed, and i want my beers to be a real experience.

I've noticed the same thing. I always have more home brew around here than I can drink. I have four kegs on tap. I LOOOOOOVE beer on tap. Earlier this week, I was out snowboarding and decided to have a beer. All they had was the usual piss beer. I bought a Miller Lite and was pretty disappointed. I used to drink that stuff all the time. I like my homebrew over anything I can buy in a store.

some years back before i was into homebrewing and drinking BMC beers exclusivly, i would try to give some to my beagle, and she would always end up drooling and throwing up. Now, if you leave a craft beer or homebrew sitting out of sight for more than a second she will kill the whole glass. Itrs a shame really, when i was younger my dog knew more about beer than i did ha ha:mug:

I drink good beer (including mine), and I drink BMC when appropriate. Even on purpose. I like light American lagers sometimes. So there.

:p

dont get me wrong I would by far rather have a good quality craft beer than any BMC type, however I am guilty of indulging in a PBR from time to time, but also I am finding I by far appreciate my homebrew to comparable commercial craft beer styles even some that I used to not be able to get by without

I drink good beer (including mine), and I drink BMC when appropriate. Even on purpose. I like light American lagers sometimes. So there.

+1

I love my homebrewed IIPA; and I love a commercial light American lager. I won't try to brew that style because I don't make lagers.

Anyone that says if you drink BMC you suck is an EAC in my opinion...

I like all beer!

Hurray, beer! :mug:

+1

I love my homebrewed IIPA; and I love a commercial light American lager. I won't try to brew that style because I don't make lagers.

Anyone that says if you drink BMC you suck is an EAC in my opinion...

I like all beer!

Hurray, beer! :mug:

Just to clarify, I clearly stated that miller light is far superior to rat pee.

And in full disclosure it will still pay for a Miller Genuine Draft out on a golf course or whatever.

It's all good. Like comparing Creme Brule' to Cotton Candy... Sometimes you just want cotton candy. There is no crime in that, nor should anyone pass judgement.

I have not bought a beer unless it was a micro brew at the tap houe in over a year. Long live the home brew!

St. Louis! I think you're legaly obligated to consume some minimum quatity of Bud, Bud Light or Killians Red, or maybe it's just that the municipal water supply is Busch. I could be mistaken.

I still drink Bud Light. I hate the company but for me it is like the sprite of beer. Barely enough flavor to be called beer instead of club soda.
I can't drink 10 full flavored beers so thats when BL come in handy.

Just to clarify, I clearly stated that miller light is far superior to rat pee.

Just for ****s and giggles; I'll quote ya (and this is in all fun - I think that anyone who dismisses any beer style is an EAC; be it a light lager or a RIS).....

But you did say:

Problem solved.

I think rat pee and bud light are considered laboratory equivalents

And, again; this is all in jest....

I understand people like different styles.

:mug:

The water here does have a golden tint to it. Probably the Busch, but it does make great beer when i use it for homebrewing. I have to admit i do drink swill when necessary, but, i NEVER pay for it.

The water here does have a golden tint to it. Probably the Busch, but it does make great beer when i use it for homebrewing. I have to admit i do drink swill when necessary, but, i NEVER pay for it.

You just have to watch out cause it can throw off your color estimates

i found out thanks. Living in St. Louis, its hard to convince the bud drinkers that there is other ways to drinks than downing a flavorless 12 pack but im doing my best. To each their own but i keep the flame alive!

Just for ****s and giggles; I'll quote ya (and this is in all fun - I think that anyone who dismisses any beer style is an EAC; be it a light lager or a RIS).....

But you did say:

And, again; this is all in jest....

I understand people like different styles.

:mug:

Hehehe...

I am constantly amazed at how good homebrew tastes. Ten years ago, I had a chance to photo assist for a couple cover shot for Brew Your Own magazine. I remember thinking that homebrew was a way of getting drunk for less money, I had no idea that we could make beers that are superior compared to what is available, but you gotta brew it right to win.

That was a joke. St. Louis had the best tasting water voted a few years ago. I use no buffers or additives for my beer and it turns out great.

I am constantly amazed at how good homebrew tastes. Ten years ago, I had a chance to photo assist for a couple cover shot for Brew Your Own magazine. I remember thinking that homebrew was a way of getting drunk for less money, I had no idea that we could make beers that are superior compared to what is available, but you gotta brew it right to win.

true that!

i found out thanks. Living in St. Louis, its hard to convince the bud drinkers that there is other ways to drinks than downing a flavorless 12 pack but im doing my best. To each their own but i keep the flame alive!

I just spent several weeks with some folks from STL, of the 20 or so beers that we tried in that time the only one they could enjoy was a Bud light that the waitress dug out from some hall of shame somewhere. I'm glad she did so they could enjoy some beer, but I felt bad that they couldn't find pleasure in anything else.

I just spent several weeks with some folks from STL, of the 20 or so beers that we tried in that time the only one they could enjoy was a Bud light that the waitress dug out from some hall of shame somewhere. I'm glad she did so they could enjoy some beer, but I felt bad that they couldn't find pleasure in anything else.

Well i encounter that daily. Bud has been the lifeblood of this town until Inbev, but slowly the midwest's taste is changing. My dad loves the homebrew.

It's all good. Like comparing Creme Brule' to Cotton Candy... Sometimes you just want cotton candy. There is no crime in that, nor should anyone pass judgement.

Amen, brother! I also like a perfectly cooked slab of prime rib...but will also enjoy the hell out of a Big Mac. You have to be an EAC to exclude a food (and beer is a food IMO) because it's cheap and popular!

Problem solved.

LMFAO!

Five years ago I got sent to Germany for work and spent four weeks in Munich. When I returned home and tried to drink a bud light I understood why the Germans used the term "horsepiss" to describe BMC. I haven't been able to drink it since. My friends and family have called me a beer snob for years now.:mug:

Oh, so I should stop leaving moldy sponges in my fermenter?;)

I got asked today if my beer was good... There is some sort of misconception out there that homebrew is somehow inferior to commercial beers. I calmly explained that my homebrew is truely amazing.

Back