Yah, Fridge Upgrade...a Good Thing Just Got Better!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Well, I got tired of only having 4 beers on tap, so I decided to shake up my operation. Going into tonight, I had: one kegerator, with dual tower, dual reg; one big fridge with single reg, gas line split with tee, two picnic taps.

What I did was, I swapped the regs so the tower kegerator has the single reg with the split gas line, and bought a 3-way manifold for the big fridge. Now I have one of the gauges going to the 3-way manifold (mainly for serving) and the other gauge is singled out for force-carbing or serving. Plus, a couple more picnic taps, means I have 6 flowing now, and the capacity to force-carb without taking the other 3 out of commission.

Word.

frdgmanif.jpg

Really nice job/setup, how long did it take you to get the job done?

Well, the original job didn't take too long...just feeding some tubing and tossing kegs in there. The upgrade last night took maybe an hour and a half, between cutting tubing, soaking the ends in warm water, tightening the worm clamps and switching stuff around.

Chimone said:
is there only a single vertical pole holding that whole thing up?

Yeah, I figure, a 2x is alls I need for 4 kegs ;)

Nah, the original wire shelving is actually pretty sturdy, and it's got 4 supports on the sides that are part of the original fridge design. Because 4 full kegs are heavy, I added some pressure treated wood planking to the wire shelf, and even though that has proven to be enough to hold 4 kegs on its own with very little deflection, I still keep that vertical 2x in there as insurance. I shudder to think what would happen if that thing collapsed and there was nothing to hold it up.

I have something similar with my Keezer. I have 1 of the dual regs feeding a 4 way splitter and the other feeding a 2 way splitter. If everything on tap is served at the same pressure I run all 4 taps from the 4 way and have the ability to force carb 2. Otherwise I can serve at two pressures from the taps. I could also run four taps and 2 picnic taps if need be.

Latest posts

Back