What's a bigger win??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was listening to sports radio today. It's getting to be Baseball season , and they were interviewing Mike Lowe of the Redsox,Talking about the world series and how he felt to win. He was like " there's nothing better than winning the world series..I was thinking what would be a bigger win. A world series title or a Superbowl championship?

Dude, wait a minute...

"Mike Lowe"?

You mean MIKE LOWELL? "Coulda Been MVP Mike LOWELL"? As in "Lowell, MA?"

C'mon, you expect me to take you seriously when you can't spell MIKE LOWELL?....

;)

Playin' with ya, bro. Notice the ";)"?

I think we gotta wait a couple months, so we can appropriately consider the C's title in this debate as well.

A bigger win for the player or for the city? For the player, it's obviously the sport you play. If you grew up playing baseball, dreaming of winning the world series, that's the biggest win. Same goes for football, hockey, etc. Biggest win for a city? That's a good discussion.

Yeah, I'm gonna say the Stanley Cup's the biggest win. You can't drink out of a damn ring.

BuffaloSabresBrewer said:
<--- Well take any kind of championship over here.

What's that? I don't recall the Buffalo Sabres taking any championships.

Senators.gif

;);)

<--- Well take any kind of championship over here.

I was just asking the wife (whose family is all from Buffalo)...

What would be the bigger deal? Sabres or Bills? Probably Bills, but it would be close, right?

the_bird said:
I was just asking the wife (whose family is all from Buffalo)...

What would be the bigger deal? Sabres or Bills? Probably Bills, but it would be close, right?
If you would ahve asked me that a few years agop it would have been the the Bills. After the lock out and the Sabs came out like crazy everyone became Sabres fans. So right now Id say my Sabres are on top. Maybe everyone will hate them again after the trade deadline though.

would be a bigger deal if celtic won the champions league, but's that's just a european perspective...

in the US, i'm thinking the superbowl is the biggest deal, then world series.

cd2448 said:
would be a bigger deal if celtic won the champions league, but's that's just a european perspective...

in the US, i'm thinking the superbowl is the biggest deal, then world series.
I agree but still think its funny that everyone knows the name of the trphey the NHL gives to the champions, but as many know the name given to the NFL Champions. I know most of you probably do its just a funny observation.

World cup soccer, every 3 years and international game.

I would agree champions league would be up there as well.

I think that a players stand point, the Championship would mean the same to them in there respective sport. But in a fans perspective I would rather see the tigers win the world series than The lions redwings or pistons winning a championship, but i am Bias to baseball.

Just as many championships as the Sens actually.

Well, neither of us has a cup in recent years, but we at least have a few President's trophies.

Bernie Brewer said:
Same here. You Boston dudes certainly have plenty to cheer about these days.

We've been very lucky..This comes around once in a lifetime..I tell my sons to enjoy this period in Boston sports.

Latest posts

Back