Fermentation process, day by day.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akglyd

Reaction score
As a first time brewer I am quite unsertain if the fermentation process is going as it should.
WL570 kicked off real nice the first 24-48 hours then it looks like it just stopped and the top foam dissapaired.....
Is this ok or can anything have gone wrong?

HELP!!!

The first thing people on here are going to ask you are:

1. What was the Original Gravity (OG) reading of your wort before you pitched the yeast?

2. What temp was the wort when you added the yeast?

3. How big is your batch of beer? 5 gal?

4. What temperature is the beer during fermentation? If you left it in a 70 degree room the beer was probably fermenting too hot in the mid 70's since fermentation is exothermic which makes it finish fast but leads to bad flavors being produced.

5. Did you make a yeast starter?

This is fine, patience is the name of the game. My friend, who i helped brew his first batch last week, asked me the same thing.

It's still happening (fermentation), just not as violently as it did the first 2 days.

Just let it be.

My first batch, foam was flowing out of the airlock, then it suddenly stopped. And the batch turned out great. You're not gonna see constant bubbling out of your airlock for the 2 weeks that you're letting it ferment.

I'll send ya a 6-pack if there ends up being no alcohol in it.

OG 1.060
7 liters.
24 deg Celsius liquid temp
20 deg Celsius room temp

Please send a 6pac, I live in Norway;-)

You're fine. Fermentation is weird, gross, stinky, nasty and different a lot of the times.

Back