Ebay Temp Controller Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BraxtonBrewery

Reaction score
HELP!!

I may end up just doing what JasonO did and use the stock wiring to set mine up.

For whatever reason I cannot get my Ebay temp controller to work properly. I followed the "Ebay temp controller build with Walmart parts build" thread. I have rewired it twice. All connections are tight and in the correct place. I have followed the directions spot on 3 times. For whatever reason I cant seem to get it to work. I have tired it on 2 different fridges as well. The refrigerator will not go to the temp I set it to. I have tried 3, 5.5, and 10C. On both a residential and commercial fridge.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it the fridge?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Evan

What do you mean by it won't go to the set temperature? What exactly does the fridge do? How do you have the thermostat set on the fridge, is it on the coldest setting? Need some more info so we can help.

I assumed from your post that the fridge needs to be on the coldest setting for the temp controller to work, so I adjusted the fridge accordingly.

The fridge just wonders. If I have it set at 10 C its anywhere from 7 - 15.3C. Im just not sure what is going on. Im no electrical genius but im not stupid either. However this is killing me because it should be much easier with a plug and play installation.

Having the fridge on the coldest setting should keep the fridges thermostat from turning its compressor off, as long as that temperature is below the temperature you have the controller set at. This way the controller is doing the controlling, and not the thermostat on the fridge.

What do you have F2 (difference set value) set at? That value plus the value you have the temperature set at is where you will see the compressor turned on.

Also, with the controller probe in air you will see some drift in the temperature as it takes time for the air to move and circulate in the fridge. I know in my keezer I see the air temperature drop around 2C below where I have the controller set at and that is with F2 set at 0.5C.

I think my F2 is set at 1. But I still dont think it should have that much of a difference. Ill try to put it in a liquid. See what happens I guess.

Is it easier to just wire it with the stock wiring of the fridge?

There is some beer in the fridge. And Im not sure. I would say not too often. Ill need to double check that.

One more thing to consider is to make sure the temp probe and/or the temp probe wire is not routed too close to the compressor. You want to keep it as far away as possible from electric motors.

Latest posts

Back