Just made root beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teromous

Beer Gnome
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a few of these but I had to share :ban:

I went by the LHBS and picked up some Rainbow Soda extract. The guy who was there recommended the birch root beer, so I took that one home. I used:

- 1 bottle Rainbow Soda Birch Root Beer Extract
- 4.5lbs Cane Sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 4 Gallons water (a little more than 4 gallons...might even be 4.5)

I filtered the water in my water pitcher, then boiled it with the ingredients. My house smells awesome! :fro:

So, I just wanted to say that I've tried some of it before carbonating it and it tastes awesome! I could drink this stuff warm! I'm going to let it cool off and carbonate in a corny. The birch root beer worked well, so I was happy. I saw all the bags of gnome and jugs of Sprecher online, and was worried that the small Rainbow Soda wouldn't measure up. So if any of you were thinking of using it, it worked great for me!

Good to know. I'm going the soda fountain route so put together 6 pump bottles from concentrate. I used sugar substitute since I'm not a big sugary soda fan. I'm loving the variety and most of the flavors are great. I figure I have enough concentrate for like 50 gallons of soda, lol.

Back