Allowing Cooled Kegged beer to Warm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scut_Monkey

Reaction score
So I often times will have beer cold in the fridge that I have to take out and warm to room temp to allow the wifey room for food. I have never had bad tastes from this as the myth would suggest. However, I'm going to be delving into kegging and I'm wondering if it's ok to allow a chilled keg to warm to room temp. Everything suggests to me that it would be no different but I don't know if I'm missing something.

No, as long as you keep it under 75*F (in the 60's would be best), you won't see much deterioration for a good while.

I have four kegs with beer in them sitting in the room with me right now.

I pulled a keg of pumpkin ale out of the fridge b/c it was too young and needed to age. The ambient temp of the room was mid to upper 60's. I kept it warm there for probably 2-3 weeks. Just tapped it last night and it tastes gooood.

Just make sure that your keg is properly purged of oxygen and storing shouldnt be an issue

Back