Take my Keg to the Beach.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenryals

Reaction score
So, I'm going to the beach..

is it a bad idea to pack up the keg, co2 & picnic tap and drive down..??

I can ice around the bottom 1/2 to keep it cool... would be nice to dispence me a nice cool one while sitting on the beach :)

thoughts? limitations? side-effects? ;)

If you have it in a big bucket of ice water or whatever, be sure to soak a towel in the bucket and wrap the top half and tubing with the towel. Nice and cool!

I'd just fill up some bottles instead of hauling an entire kegging setup to the beach, and then having to clean all the fine sand off of it.

I may only have to clean it once!!!! ;) :mug:

so no side effects to the beer for all that bouncing and shaking on the way down? may be a little cloudy if theres any sediment down there... other than that, anything??

Take a keg instead of bottles, the beach patrol would be really not too happy about bottles though might not care about a keg. I take kegs everywhere and most of the time just put the keg in the shade. The party tub is a great addition if you need more time, but can attract attention. Just grab a big umbrella and put the keg in the shade and make sure that all of the people know to drink the beer within about 4 hours.

The is no reason not to, I have a 2.5 gallon cornie I take to functions all the time, it's a great conversation starter.

Back