Kegs can clog?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermish

Reaction score
I have been working on making a chest freezer work for serving beer with what I have. Eventually I'll put a nice tower on top and some good CO2 fittings and everything, but here is what I have right now. And when I went to try all of the kegs one of them won't pour. Just a small amount of foam will drip out. I tried changing the beer line and that made no difference, and I tried pushing it up to 30 psi, and still got nothing. Anyone have an idea what is going on?

kegs.jpg

Might be some hop or break material in the dip tube. That happened to me after dry hopping in the keg. I would try to switch the gas post over to the liquid side and blow some C02 through the diptube. If that doesn't work then I would pull the dip tube and see what is clogging it.

I tried some air through the beer side and it cleared it out. You have to push real hard to get the air line onto the beer side though. Thanks for the advice, I thought about doing that but wasn't sure. I sure hope it's not frozen, the Ranco just came in today and seems to be working fine, and it is just set at fermenting temps for now.

I tried some air through the beer side and it cleared it out. You have to push real hard to get the air line onto the beer side though. Thanks for the advice, I thought about doing that but wasn't sure. I sure hope it's not frozen, the Ranco just came in today and seems to be working fine, and it is just set at fermenting temps for now.

Yeah, the post are different sizes. If you switch them out (the threads are the same) things will fit easier.

Back