Brewer's Hardware Frustration...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost_Arkitekt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I finally welded up my three tier, gravity sculpture, had it powder coated (along with furniture bases I was doing for a job), got my keggles all welded up and bought a bunch of supplies from Brewer's Hardware. In that order were two Sanke Keg Fermenter conversion kits.

When I first ordered them, I just ordered the non-thermowell, but then I thought that if I was going to spend the big bucks, I might as well go big and spend the extra $15. That was almost two weeks ago. They actually had the non-thermowell ones in stock (had to be polished), and I would have been brewing the batch I had planned and christening all my new gear last weekend.

But, they said the other ones would ship out on the next Monday (this past Monday), so I bought some more gear, made a starter of 1318 so I could yeast bank it, and crushed my grain in preparation for brew day. Since they send Priority Mail, I figured today would be the latest they would get here (2-3 days), but I didn't receive them, so I called.

Low and behold they haven't even been shipped. Nobody called on Monday telling me they were still having issues with them or nothing. Now, another brew day will have to wait as I have two Sanke fermenters and I don't want to ghetto rig them. I mentioned something about overnight shipping (since THEY were late on it...I wasn't late on my payment), but they didn't offer to cover that either.

This is my first time buying from Brewer's Hardware, and even though Derrin was helpful and answered my questions, I would like to get some feedback to find out if this is typical service, etc.? :confused:

I have always had good service from them. It never fails when you order something for brew day there is always an issue whether it from Brewers Hardware, More Beer, NB

I agree about the brew day thing, but this one has taken over TWO brew days, and when they didn't ship out on Monday, I never heard from anyone saying that they were on hold still. I saw a post where someone had complained about the Barley Crusher mill and made a comment about customer service. I make high end furniture and although we have delays, we always keep the client informed. I just wish other places would do the same.

Sorry to hear your poor experience, I have ordered all my parts from them and never had an issue. Just bad luck I guess:/

Lost_Arkitekt,

Sorry to hear your brewday didn't go as planned.

Normally we get orders out quickly, but backordered items can delay them. We're a bit behind making some products at the moment. We make our sanke fermenter kits in shop, and they are not going out as fast as we would like them too.

-Curtis

Brew day finally went off...but ghetto rigged the fermenters. It works. I'm still pushing Brewer's Hardware. The quality of your products is top notch.

I've ordered a couple times from them and everything was in stock so its never been a problem.

Curtis,

Are the 20 gallon jacketed fermentors that were backordered on 10/15 in? I ordered two of them and sent an email out on the 14th just wanting a shipping/expected delivery date and haven't received a response yet. I'm really excited to start some fermentations in these, having them this month would be very good.

Thanks!

Ron

Curtis called me today to update me on the ETA after this post. Thank you! Apparently I replied to my CC receipt that has derrin@ as the reply-to address. Since derrin is not customer service (curtis is), you can get slower response times. Replying to the actual Brewers Hardware receipt has orders@ as the reply-to address to go to Curtis - which makes for a quick response...

So for anyone else replying or sending an email, you should get quick response on your order query from orders@ generated receipt.

...if that makes any sense at all!

Back