Got 3 kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulvp

Reaction score
Just got 3 Sanke kegs for $20. Pretty excited as this is the start to my brew rig. Will be taking it slow to construct it as money is a bit tight, however wondering if anyone has had any luck trading homebrew for welding work on Craigslist or anything of that nature. Thanks.

I would be careful dealing with Craigslist with the many shady people lurking there. Best to check with your local welding supply or one of the welding shops in your area unless you can hook up with another member of this forum that can weld. Check their welded projects first. Best of luck and what a great price you paid and don't let 'em get away. Congrats.
I'm surprised you got them that cheap unless they are from a company no longer in business as scrap SS on the left coast goes between .70 to .80 cents a pound and a 15.5 keg weighs 29.7 pounds. I ended up with a Jack Daniels keg they only brewed from 94-97 then quit. Follow many threads for ideas before altering kegs.

go into a few weld shops. talk to the welders, not the shop. and spring the idea on them. welding is hot work and most would love free beer for a little lunch time work. might take them a few days to complete it on there own time, but time is beer...I mean money.

Thanks for the info guys, I will look into the welding shops around here. Thanks for the congrats too. I drove by a house on the way home from work and they were in his driveway holding up dry wall. I asked him what he wanted for them, just curious I guess, he said $20, I said deal and just like that I had 3 kegs. Pretty good way to start off a week, on a Monday none the less.

Sweet man what a score.! I got mine shipped from my friend in Washington who had them in his shed..lol

Make sure to let the guy know to put a little water in the keg before they plasma the lid off.. if not you will end up with melted metal pits on your bottom.

why cant you solder the fittings? its not really that hard and the materials itself should make it pretty easy.

I'm surprised you got them that cheap unless they are from a company no longer in business as scrap SS on the left coast goes between .70 to .80 cents a pound and a 15.5 keg weighs 29.7 pounds. I ended up with a Jack Daniels keg they only brewed from 94-97 then quit. Follow many threads for ideas before altering kegs.

I don't think the guy realized what they went for scrap wise or maybe he didn't care. Said they were taking up too much room in his garage and that I'd be doing him a favor. So I guess I helped him out a bit too.

Back