What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one '08 left. if I had two, I'd send you one. I think I know where to get some '13 this weekend. if I can, I'll send you 2.

how does this elixer age? I know they age it for like 6 years before they relase it. im guessing the mild booze I ness completely disappears. :ban:

nukebrewer said:
I like that idea, it would be funny as hell. I vote for this Saturday night since I won't have to wake up early on Sunday to go hunting since stupid fooking CT thinks it should be illegal to hunt on Sundays.

Sounds like a plan. Saturday works for me to get drunky!

The phone app for only this thread is not working. Must be Skynet.. So no pic yet but having a 2013 BCBS. Very good. I like more bourbon but this is excellent. Cant taste the alcohol. Hopefully get the variants once they arrive and hopefully grab an abyss later this week. :rockin: :ban:

FermentNEthinG said:
One of these to kick off the night.

Phone app isn't working so I had to use the Canon t3i with not enough light!

I don't see my stash lasting very long::D

I'm trying my very best to forget about my remaining three bottles for as long as possible.

The phone app for only this thread is not working. Must be Skynet.. So no pic yet but having a 2013 BCBS. Very good. I like more bourbon but this is excellent. Cant taste the alcohol. Hopefully get the variants once they arrive and hopefully grab an abyss later this week. :rockin: :ban:

wait till that sucker warms up. the alcohol comes through a bit. it would probably be better if I where drinking it out of the correct glassware. :ban: but swmbo broke my last one:mug:

how does this elixer age? I know they age it for like 6 years before they relase it. im guessing the mild booze I ness completely disappears. :ban:

the '08 aged quite well. it says on this bottle, "Flavor will continue to develop over five years". that's the first I heard of them aging for 6 years before release.

I just found out that this beer is on nitro, NICE! Having another black angus stout, I probably need to kill the growler since it wont last :D

2013-12-03 19.16.40.jpg

can't blame any of us for that mix up, we drink!:rockin: I bought 2 four packs back in '09 of the '08. I have only one bottle left. I shoulda bought 3.

your a.bigger man thn I. that beer wouldn't last one year under my protection.I have no self control when it comes to beer.maybe I can save a few of these....:mug::ban:

FermentNEthinG said:
I hear you there..but I am thinking of knocking another one out on a BCBS ice cream float.

That does sound really good!
I probably won't buy any more BCBS so I'll try to make these three last. I'm holding out hoping some if the variants arrive and next week a local brewery is releasing a bourbon barrel aged holiday ale so I have to get some of that. Stupid beer costing so much money! I almost need a second and third job to support my beer buying.

finsfan said:
Why have I never had a BCBS :(

My local shop just ran out, but say they have another shipment coming in on Friday. I might be able to hook you up. If my wife knew what I've spent on BCBS to ship to other people, she would not be happy... She knows how many beers I have to ship out, just has no idea what it cost...

more euphoria pale ale from ska brewing. aged with bcs droplets in the bottom of the cup... man I just had an out of body beerxperience.

That does sound really good!
I probably won't buy any more BCBS so I'll try to make these three last. I'm holding out hoping some if the variants arrive and next week a local brewery is releasing a bourbon barrel aged holiday ale so I have to get some of that. Stupid beer costing so much money! I almost need a second and third job to support my beer buying.

I use my second job strictly for beer and brewery equipment:D

Anyone have the Juliet yet?

HB ESB - too young (2 weeks in bottle)
2011 Blithering Idiot - I don't think I like barley wine

Aside from the drunks already plowing through their 2013 BCBS :)D), when are you all drinking them? 2/3/4 years in the cellar?

Edit: the HBT app is KILLING me today. Sorry for the sideways pic...

image.jpg

Perfect ending to a long, long day...

View attachment 164060

Elixir for the soul! :mug:

Had my first one today and it was awesome. How did you get the head on the beer? i soft poured mine but it did not last long.

I need it because I have to run a stupid test at work that probably will not end anytime soon

Had my first one today and it was awesome. How did you get the head on the beer? i soft poured mine but it did not last long.

I need it because I have to run a stupid test at work that probably will not end anytime soon

I tend to pour pretty aggressively ;). Still, it dissipated very quickly.

mcbaumannerb said:
Perfect ending to a long, long day... Elixir for the soul! :mug:

Just found out tonight that they came in and were gone in four hours this past weekend. Usually see them on the shelf for a couple weeks. Clerk said they are distributing nationwide this year? Only saw ten cases

Just found out tonight that they came in and were gone in four hours this past weekend. Usually see them on the shelf for a couple weeks. Clerk said they are distributing nationwide this year? Only saw ten cases

Yeah - they shipped some to every state this year (the AB-InBev influence). Luckily the bottleshop at the grocery store kept them in back and you had to ask to get them. Apparently not too many people are willing to ask because I stocked up over the last four days! :D

Back