Halloween Candy as an adjunct?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hovik

Reaction score
So this is probably crazy but I was wondering what I can do with all this leftover halloween candy that I probably shouldn't eat and was wondering if I could melt a couple pounds down and ferment it with a brew? Has anyone ever heard of this? Are there any reasons you could think of that it wouldn't turn out good?

What kind of candy?

Most candy is just sucrose with some sort of spice/flavor. So I don't see anything too good that can come out of it. Unless you made like a peppermint stout, caramel amber or porter, or something like a babyruth, Hershey, etc. stout or porter....that might be cool.

I came across a guy who made an I-Peep-A, where he melted a load marshmallow peeps in his boil instead of sugar for an IPA. Something like that would offer essentially nothing other than fermetables and a ton of novelty.

Foothills brewing company in NC brewed a pumpkin ale that used Kit Kats and Candy Corn as adjuncts.

Back