Other hobbies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cubslover

Reaction score
We all brew, but what other hobbies have you?

Personally, I'm a die hard softballer. We travel the state and midwest at times. I've averaged about 150 games a year for the last 3 years, and this is the first winter that we are continuing to travel. Snowball and Dome tournaments.

Secondly, I enjoy offroading.

Other hobbies include music, gaming, shooting, and ballisics.

other than homebrewing, my other hobbies include grilling/smoking meat, fishing, camping, and sports. :mug:

Drinking beer, but I'm sure that goes with the homebrewing hobby.

My other hobbies are being a guy and a jack of all trades.

Camping, hiking, hunting, archery, fishing, being a science nerd, annoying my wife.

gaming, watching a little football...Huge Falcons fan (hence the name) and chillin with the family

I know I've answered this before, but it's been a while!

I'm an avid hockey player. I also love kayaking, hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, traveling, reading, and now getting into a "hippie self-reliance" phase. Not just hunting and fishing, but growing and harvesting most of our own food, and making home products like soap and cheese. I made shampoo today, for example.

I enjoy playing bass guitar and I've been big into poker ever since I worked media relations for the World Series of Poker one summer

I am in the same boat as Yooper. I would rather make and gather **** than buy at a store. I just made a batch of hop soap and 4 different size molds for soap making.

I hunt, fish, shoot, camp, hike, reload my own ammo, build ar15's, bake bread, read, build computers, play warhammer, watch my Steelers beat on people, play DnD.

I used to play WoW. I'm glad I'm clean now. Once I actually own a home, I'll be gardening/producing as much food as possible.

Running and Motorcycles.

Fitness is my passion, and between school, beer, and fitness I dont have much time for anything else. Plus not owning my own place (and not having a good paying job) limits my projects.

I am an avid cook, grow as much of my own food as possible, play the guitar and enjoy messing about with the PS3.

A little bit of anything and everything really. Cooking, grilling/smoking, hiking, kayaking, backpacking, baking, gaming, computers, offroading, working on cars/trucks, camping, rock climbing, skiing. Mostly anything that can be done outside I'm game for

I use to fly Remote Control airplanes and got into aerial photography using the planes.. had a pretty nice setup. Nikon 3700 strapped to the bottom of 2 different planes I used. Controlled the shutter with the radio..

Ended up doing some photo shoots for some folks that had really nice homes and a few businesses.. then it turned into a job and too much headache so I Got out of it!

I miss that hobby and need to get back into it, minus the business part!

Here's a video I did that's still on my youtube channel..

Last edited by a moderator:
fishing, audio/video and nascar. shot this last year at Michigan, had to keep my eyes closed or my contact lenses would have been sucked out of my sockets

Last edited by a moderator:
and now getting into a "hippie self-reliance" phase. Not just hunting and fishing, but growing and harvesting most of our own food, and making home products like soap and cheese. I made shampoo today, for example.

I'm steadily heading that direction as well.. It saves money (well, once the initial 'get up to speed' equipment purchases are out of the way anyways), is fun/satisfying, and healthier...

How hard is making cheese?.. I 'love' cheese, but I've heard that it isn't worth the trouble... Would be nice to hear testimony from someone who is actually doing it though...

Once I conquer beer to where I have a semi-regular system in place (pipeline)... I plan on building a CNC router (already starting down that road in fact) as an eventual career direction (along with a CNC plasma cutter), and this spring I want to start building a big stone meat smoker and also want to learn to make bread.. I will also be getting into square foot gardening this summer (probably on a 'very' small scale at first)..

Bought a used jeep YJ a few months ago too, and it needs quite a bit of work.. So there's that too...

Self reliance is very attractive to me, and the skills learned could come in very handy in the not too distant future the way things appear to be going in this country..

Oh, and I love Raider Football... :ban:
:mug:

Woodworking, building computers, anything A/V. I also retrofit early Philco radio shells with computer parts, new speakers, and amps. Here's one recent example.

rephil3.jpg

Woodworking and cabinetry as well as clamming, crabbing, riding my '79 BMW R80, and playing COD on PS3 against my sons.

Motorcycling and electronics though as I get older and vision gets worse, I fear my days of soldering SMT are numbered.

I collect hobbies almost.

Typewriter collecting has been my latest I have invested the most time into, anyone have some vintage typewriters gathering dust?

Typewriter collecting has been my latest I have invested the most time into, anyone have some vintage typewriters gathering dust?

I have some outstanding bills that are old enough to have been written on typewriters. You want them? I'll give them to you if you pay them off! ;)

We have a Royal Futura portable in fantastic shape, with case and original manual, but I don't think I'm willing to just "donate" it. Do you buy them or just "accept" them? It looks like this one.

il_570xN.148719052.jpg

I've been building tennis ball cannons for a couple of years now. Sometimes I blog about it. http://propanetennisballcannon.blogspot.com/

Ha! I've been planning on building a potato cannon at some point... Thought it would be cool to mount it in the back of the jeep "Rat Patrol" style... Tooling around out in the woods indiscriminately firing potatoes and lemons and what not here and there...

Probably a law against that though here in Commiefornia.. So I'll need to consult a lawyer that I can't afford first... cuz the economy sucks.. cuz the govt is outta control... cuz the voters are crazy... and so on....;)

Hey, but at least I can legally grow potatoes for said gun if such gun existed.. At least for now it's legal... sigh...

Just golf. Between that and brewing it's hard to find the money to do much else, although I used to play paintball quite a bit. Now I just have about a $1000 worth of paintball gear sitting in the garage.

We have a Royal Futura portable in fantastic shape, with case and original manual, but I don't think I'm willing to just "donate" it. Do you buy them or just "accept" them? It looks like this one.

il_570xN.148719052.jpg

Brings back memories of doing reports back in junior HS. :)

Baking
Wine Making
Sausage Making
Smoking meats
Bass Playing
Gardening
Soap Making (only a few times)
Canning foods
Reading
Cooking (perfected a sweet pizza recipe)

Other than drinking/making beer, I am an electronic music producer, drummer and DJ. I also dabble in photography, and because I am in Real Estate, that gives me a good opportunity to showcase my work. I also like the creative aspect of marketing and web design. If anyone would like to see the site I built, and some of my photography, go to ChapaRealEstate.com.

I enjoy Fly tying, soap making, and anything that can be massed produced i like to give it a try to see how cheap it is then figure how much profit corporations make.

Back