Help Tasting Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eanmcnulty

Reaction score
I have been brewing for a year and a half. Never been to a club meeting, which I know would speed my education, but meeting times were inconvenient. So, I read about flavors in beer, but I have no confidence in my ability to describe them. I think I finally have detected a flavor in a beer that I recognize. I was at Gordon Biersch drinking the schwarzbier, and think it had a bread taste. Can someone confirm that? Is that one of the flavors in that beer? Thanks!

Tastes like a breast? This is a joke? Or you meant to say either bread or yeast?
Because both of those are fairly common in a flavor profile - though if I'm not mistaken (I have less experience with lagers) you might not be looking so much for a yeasty taste in something like that. But again, my knowledge and experience with lagers is fairly elementary.

Please pardon my original post. Truely, I meant to write bread. The droid dictionary changed it, and I am at fault for not rereading before I posted it.

I'm a little more radical of a brewer than Dogfish Head. I'm pretty sure my beer will be popular.

Back