Group/shared buy in Alberta

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkeeg

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I know there are a few other Albertans here.

I'm buying a few things from the Didsbury warehouse of Canada Malting.

Especially now that I am doing 10 gal batches, I need to start buying more things in bulk. I've been getting my base malt bulk for a while, and there are a few other things that are significantly cheaper in bulk, but which I don't need 55lbs to myself... Anyone want to split? I guess I'm tired of getting poked in the eye ($3/lb... 300% mark up) for grains that I use a lot of...

Anyway, here are a few things I'd like to get:

Rice hulls (50lbs) $30 (60c/lb instead of $4/lb at LHBS. Could be split a lot)
Flaked Corn (50lb) $36 (split a bag in 2-4?)
Cara Amber (55lb) $55 (split a bag into 4 or so?)
Vienna (55lb) $40 or so depending on brand... (would split in half...)
Special aromatic (55lb) $40 (never used it?)

That's mostly what I wanted, in addition to some base 2row. If you had a particular interest in something else, I could also be convinced to split: maris otter, pilsner, light crystal, munich, maybe rye malt...

I don't want to bother splitting this out 10 ways, but let me know if you want a half or quarter bag of any of these? I'm happy to pick it up at Didsburry, and could then drop it off sometime in Calgary. Let me know.

Called Canada Malting and they emailed me a list. Minimum buy is in 25kg bags. Interested in splitting any of those? Anything else you want?

Order made... hope a few people will take some off my hands. I'm going to be in trouble with SWMBO otherwise!

Ended up with:

Rice hulls (50lbs)
Flaked Corn (50lb)
Cara Amber (55lb)
Vienna (55lb)
Special aromatic (55lb)
Domestic Pilsen (55lb)
Special Pale Ale (55lb)

A few bits are spoken for, but I would love to split these out. (I'm having difficulty explaining to my lady friend that I really need 400lbs of grain...)

Back