Oktoberfest (Munich)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munsoned

Reaction score
Anyone going this year? Anyone been before? This will be my first trip. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Prost!

Been to it at least a dozen times...very boring....just kidding!! :mug:

I used to live about 40 miles from Munich (Augsburg) for 4 years. I used to go after work some days just for a beer or two.

My last tour in Germany was in Bamberg.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing I can tell you is you need to be sitting at a table in order to get served. If you're standing they will not serve you. ;)

Just have fun.

Sweet. Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to the trip, although it was sort of last minute. I also plan to get around the town some (and some side trips outside town) too. I'll probably go to the actual festival maybe two or three times over five or six days. I'm secretly hoping that the recession will knock down the number of people there this year, but I'm pretty sure it won't play out that way at all. ;)

does anyone know what parts of Munich are better or worse to stay in? There are some cheaper hotels in the NW part of the city is it nice there?

Sometimes it's best to stay out of town and take the train in. :D

The fest is just a relatively short walk from the train station...and long enough to build up a thirst.

To true. I stayed in a small town at the base of the Alps, about a 30 minute train ride into Munich. Spent one day in Munich, one day exploring the Alps, absolutely beautiful place to see.

Just dont let your drunk friend stumble onto the train with your train ticket and end up at the Austrian border while your still wondering around Munich wondering where he went.... otherwise, you'll have an absolute awesome time.

Back