1968 London ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean the Fuller's 1938? I have only used dry yeast once (Notty) but lots of people say it is great for English ales. Why going dry?

EDIT: sorry I was thinking of the 1845... Beers with numbers are hard to remember when you haven't had them recently, should have thought before posting.

I am no help... post whore here :D

If you mean 1968 Fuller's London Ale, you won't get the flavor or mouthfeel with any dry yeast.IMHO........ I know I tried and my Full Owl ESB clone did not taste like Fuller's until I decided to buy the right yeast

Sorry for the mis typing. It is 1968 London ESB yeast. I type too fast and never proof read.:mad:

Anyway, I'm looking a possible backup. My starter sat for a few weeks, before I got a chance to brew, and now it has been 3 days past pitching, and no activity. I'm waiting one more day then pitching dry to save the batch. It is a RIS and I want to get it bubbling....

Nottingham would be better than the US 05 for an English Ale, but will ferment out much drier than 1968 or S-04. It really depends on what you want to brew.

-a.

Back