My Beer Shop Haul

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to the Beer Store and the Homembrew Store. Picked up ingredients for my Winter Brew, as well as the following:

1x Oaked Arrogant Bastard
2x Berliner Wiesse (can't WAIT to see what this really tastes like)
2x Sticke Alt
6x Stone IPA (yummmmmm!)
6x Sierra Nevada Celebration

Mmmm...I cracked a Stone or two at the homebrew store with the owner while we were picking up the recipe. Damn I love this stuff.

What to try next.....?

sweet sounds like you got a hold of some great beers. I wish I could find a Berliner Weisse.

OOH, I love Arrogant Bastard. But I haven't had the Oaked yet. It's on my list!

I wish I remember who's Wiesse it was. They actually had 2 different manufacturers, but I got 2 bottles of the same one (smaller bottle, $2 cheaper each than the big one).

I want to make one, so I figured I had to buy it to try it first. I'm also making a Sticke Alt along with my regular Alt right now, so I figured I could do some real taste testing.

I dig the AB as well, but I like straight up Stone IPA the best. I've yet to have Ruination, but I saw it on the shelf. Shoulda picked up at least a single or two, but I already hit a $40 beer tab on that I got.

Can't wait to get home tonight so they'll all be chilled and I get to have some fun. Anyone have this year's Celebration yet?

I'm a big fan of AB as well, but Stone's smoked porter is by far my favorite Stone brew.

I found my receipt in my pocket while I was sifting around for a quarter at work.

The Berliners were Bayerischer Banhof

The Alts were Uerige Sticke

Sipping on some of the Oaked Bastard right now...mmm.

It's kinda funny - it tastes exactly like I thought it would taste. It mellows out some of the hop flavor of the Bastard a little, but with a nice wooden bite and finish to it.

Head was small (1/8" of a tinted light brown) which fizzled out to just around the sides of the glass. A little lacing, but not too much.

This is definately a good 'warm you up in the winter' kind of brews. I likes it. Not as much as StoneIPA, but good none the less.

We can get Berliner Kindl Weisse here in Seattle. That's the only one I've seen around here. It is wonderful!

Back