morebeer kettle diverter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never used that exact one but i got a side pick up from bargainfittings (http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=157) and i have been super happy with it. I can whirlpool while chilling to prevent hops and cold break from entering the fermenter. I also like that it's Stainless steel so then i can soak my whole boil kettle in oxyclean or PBW.

Chromados

I'm going to be doing a new kettle soon and will use a side pick-up. On my keggles I have a regular dip tube, as the side pick up would leave too much wort at the bottom.

I happen to have all the parts lying around so I'll just make one, however I did just order a bunch of stuff from Bargain Fittings again and I think he has the best website for brewing related stuff. Everything is well organized and easy to find, wish he sold all the electronics as well so I could have done a one stop shopping trip.

I use the one from MoreBeer and it works great. I whirlpool and then tilt the kettle away from the pickup side. I let cool for 45 minutes. Then tile toward the pickup side and drain.

You can make one very easy - it's just a piece of bent copper tubing, silicone tubing, and a ss clamp connected to a 1/2" barb fitting inside the pot.

you can get a 6 dollar compression fitting from the hardware store plus some soft 1/2" copper and have it built for about $10.

just sayin'

IMG_20101228_164038.jpg

IMG_20101228_164017.jpg

-=Jason=-

Back