Co2 in or out of keezer / kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where is your CO2 bottle kept when attached to a keg?

• CO2 is inside the cooler.

• CO2 is outside of the cooler

Results are only viewable after voting.

JustBrewinAround

Reaction score
Just like it says, is your CO2 inside or outside of your keezer or kegerator? I have seen both ways in the build department and most commercial kegerators have it inside, soooo?

I keep mine on the outside for three reasons.

1. Easier to adjust and use while cleaning kegs.
2. More accurate gauge readings
3. Can fit more beer in keezer.

Tank on the inside on the hump...thought about putting it outside for ease when changing out kegs and the bottle itself.
Makes it more aesthetically pleasing to keep it inside the fridge IMO. No ghetto rigs and no hoses/wires/unicorns hanging outside the fridge.

Cheers!

mine is on the inside because i can just squeeze it in there and couldn't fit another corny in it's place

my keezer is in the dining room and I have a very active and curious 10month old at home so it's not feasible to put it outside for now but I would like to eventually so I can add a dual pressure regulator without having to add on a high pressure line to separate the reg from the co2 tank (there is no room inside to add it)

Mine is in because I have tons of room. I would not be opposed to moving it out....perhaps behind the keezer.

With my keezer I do both. I prefer to put it inside because otherwise it has to sit on top of the keezer, and is an eyesore. For the fridge in the shed I put it outside to make room for more kegs, and since I don't care about the aesthetics out there. Only difference IME is that the diaphragm is slower to change when you adjust the pressure. That's what causes some people to think that the gauge is less accurate when cold.

Zing! Ok, sorry. I keep mine inside. Zero issues. I might move it outside at some point so I can fit 4 kegs

Back