Cider Recipe Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EzMak24

Reaction score
I am a fan of Ace Perry Cider and I was trying to create a recipe to, not make a clone, make something similiar. Ace Perry Cider is made with a base of applejuice and then flavored with pear. I figured I would start with EdWort's Apfelwein and dad some pear concentrate at the end to give it that pear flavor. Should I allow the pear concentrate to ferment or just keg after adding it? Also how much concentrate should I add for 5 gallons?

Thanks for the help

Don't allow the pear to ferment. You need it as a favoring. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's what Ace does.

You will just have to add small amounts at a time to you batch and taste it to find out if you like it or if you need more.

Ok, that is what I thought. Any idea how much pear to start with? Or how much would be to much? I'm going in blind and if you had an estimate or a range of how much pear that would be helpful.

Honestly, I've never tried. I just know that is how it is done. I'm suppose to take a week long cider class this summer from WSU. They might cover it, but then again, the teacher is a Brit, and this technique is definitely more American.

Latest posts

Back