Energy Drinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
I used to drink Monster Energy drinks all the time, but I would get weird vibes from my heart not like it so I stopped drinking the stuff... that and when I saw the sugar content in the thing...

Anyway, is there a less-sugary energy drink out there? I saw an advertisement for "5 hour energy" and I'm curious if anyone has tried it?

I might swing by the local gas station and pick one up to see how it works out, altho I'm not interested in having my heart jump around like I'm on crack or something...

Typically i stay away from energy drinks after the Monster craze I went through... but lately (about once every few months) I could use a pick me up rather than coffee.

I used to drink Monster Energy drinks all the time, but I would get weird vibes from my heart not like it so I stopped drinking the stuff... that and when I saw the sugar content in the thing...

Anyway, is there a less-sugary energy drink out there? I saw an advertisement for "5 hour energy" and I'm curious if anyone has tried it?

I might swing by the local gas station and pick one up to see how it works out, altho I'm not interested in having my heart jump around like I'm on crack or something...

Typically i stay away from energy drinks after the Monster craze I went through... but lately (about once every few months) I could use a pick me up rather than coffee.

If you can find it, Get xyience xenergy. It is sugar free and Tastes pretty good.http://www.xyience.com/

I personally stay away from energy drinks. Particularly redbull. But I've been known to crave a bottle of lucozade everynow and then... Coffee I like for the taste but try to keep consumption to a minimum...

I've seen this floating around... perhaps I should try it out.

I think they taste great, compared to other sugar free drinks. The cranberry one is awesome and you can't really tell it is diet. Also if your looking for quick awakening without drinking an energy drink, you could consider one of those 5 hour energy shots.

Sugar-free Red Bull for me before hockey games.

Starbucks Doubleshot is now flavored and in pint cans for before bartending shifts.

I haven't tasted one that I could stand. Ran across something scary in the weird food store, a malt-flavored energy drink: 6.9%

I tried that 5 hour energy shot last week. It made me all wiggy. Didn't dig it at all. Much worse than Monster IMHO.

I used to love those things - I would drink Monster and RockStar. After a couple years of drinking them pretty regularly they would make me crash hard. Drink it, have a running buzz from it and then struggle to stay awake for the rest of the day.

On weekends I would drink one and play video games and a couple of times I passed out with the controller in my hand. Now, I just drink coffee.

diet rockstar is my wakeup juice when I'm dragging. You will crash harder afterward with anything containing guarana, I think.

Speaking of which, old news to most, but one company has that beer with the energy stuff in it. YUM :D.

I personally don't think those drinks are all that powerful.

get these pills

They are amazing. Work for 8 hour, not much caffeine, and best of all no sugar/calories.

You can get them online here

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/lean/energize.html

or walmart has them for $10, but the online deal is much better. You only get 28 for 10 at walmart.

those 5 hour shots btw sucked for me too........I felt really weird. I think it is all the b12.

When you guys drank the 5 hour energy, you didn't drink any soda or coffee after them did you? You cant drink any caffeine until after the 5 hours is up.

Nope no coffee of soda.

It woke me up..........but I felt fuzzy is the best way I guess I would describe it. It was really bad also, because I took it so I could stay up all night studying for a test :cross: I couldn't even study until the stuff wore off. It was ok though I think I still made an A. :mug:

I personally like the Arizona green tea energy drinks - a lot smoother and less syrupy than the others, plus it doesn't get me all shakey and give me palpitations like the other energy drinks do.

When I need some caffeine I stick with tea, coffee (espresso, preferably), and Arizona green tea energy drinks, lol.

well i got to the local store round the corner and their supply was crap... all they had was red bull, monster and rockstar... i decided to just grab a bottle of green tea (with no intentions of energy boosting)...

RodFatherX - thanks for the link... have you tried those pills? I'm very weird about popping pills for energy... i think for now i'm going to start working out again, for some reason I felt very refreshed after working out...

anyway, i'll look into those pills again.

RodFatherX - thanks for the link... have you tried those pills? I'm very weird about popping pills for energy... i think for now i'm going to start working out again, for some reason I felt very refreshed after working out...

Yeah I use the pills a lot. They are awesome. They also seem to help my memory and I feel like I think clearer on them.

I know I sound like an info commercial or spokesman........but their pills really do rock. :rockin:

Occasionally I drink sugar-free Redbull. Thats only when I need to stay up for 6-8 hours. If I just need to "wake up", I have my usual strong coffee. I'm a low energy person in general though...

5 hour energy works great for me, no jitters at all. I work nights and use it occasionally. I do not drink coffee, and only soda every so often.

Give the Low-Carb Monster a try.
It's only 10 calories I think, and it tastes pretty good for the lack of sugar in it.
It's what I've started grabbing occasionally instead of AMP when I need a pick me up.

well i got to the local store round the corner and their supply was crap... all they had was red bull, monster and rockstar... i decided to just grab a bottle of green tea (with no intentions of energy boosting)...

You want to be very careful with any kind of energy pills. I know a couple of guys that pissed dirty at work and all they were taking were energy pills. I believe Black Ice was the name. Make sure you check out every ingredient.

I stay away from all of that stuff, it makes me feel horrible. My caffeine intake isn't that high though, just a glass or two of tea every day,

I like Spike...the first one I got was from GNC... then they started selling em at 7-11. they don't taste great they're just ok. They never made me freak out but then again redline is the only thing that did that to me.

Back