Clips for racking tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShackNasty

Reaction score
My LHBS does not sell those fancy auto-siphon clips (those little guys the clip to the side of the bucket/carboy), and I was not about to pay approx $2 + $8 shipping for a piece of plastic. Call me cheap. Anyways, wandering around the store (Le Target) the other day I found these!

image-792374659.jpg

image-2512090724.jpg

12 of them for about $3, and why would anyone ever need 12?! Well I used one in my racking/bottling this past weekend and it worked great. Those little arches on top worked well to hold racking tube (1/2" od 3/8" id) in the bucket.
This may seem like a trivial problem to have and a relatively uneventful solution, but I was excited to find these little guys.
They were hanging out near the coat hangers/clothespins. Hope this helps someone!

WELL YOU AREN'T MISSING ANY THING WITH THE RACKING CANE CLIP. MINE DOESN'T HOLD IT SNUG I USE A TOOTH PICK As A WEDGE TO KEEP IT AT THE RIGHT HEIGHT

I mean, the tubing was not a major problem for me, I guess I just like control. The toothpick seems like a good idea, especially if it works! When it comes to the actually cane it seems that many people suggest using a clothespin (could be plastic) with a rubber band ( to hold the cane to the clothespin) have you tried this?

Back