i need a very easy all grain recipe for my first

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evan5159

Reaction score
i've just built my mash tun and am very excited for my first all grain brew but and very green. i need the easiest recipe known to man please. l

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale is a good one and easy. I just bottled a batch today.

Here is a good spot for all HomeBrewTalks famous recipes:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/recommended-recipe-locator-updated-31494/

h22lude: The Centennial Blond finished at 1.002 instead of 1.008. Very dry so I added some of my homegrown centennial whole cones to the mix. I only put in 1/2 oz per 5.5 gallons. I really don't like the taste of the beer until it is carbed up. Flat beer just doesn't cut it for me. I also have to bottle up a Sam Adams Summer Ale that i did.

What do you like to drink?

Unless you come upon a recipe like " a triple decoction with a step infusion and a mashout" then one recipe is no more complicated that any other. Your grain bill might be different for different recipes, but what you with them (the process) will be the same, which is something akin to "mash grains for x minutes, in y gallons of water, sparge with y gallons of water to achieve a preboil volume of z gallons bring to boil, add hops as directed, cool, transfer to ferment, pitch yeast and rdwhahb."

So whether you are making a porter, stout, IPA, hefeweizen of whatever whatever your beer is, it's not gonna matter, my suggestion is pick a recipe or kit of a beer YOU want to drink..

Most of the process are going to be the same. :mug:

These so called "easy" recipes are probably using a lot of pale malt, and if you're water is very alkaline, you probably will have a hard time getting your mash ph down to accepted range with only those pale malts. That makes your easy recipe really not so easy. If you know your water profile you can post it and I'm sure people here can help you out.

Unless you come upon a recipe like " a triple decoction with a step infusion and a mashout" then one recipe is no more complicated that any other. Your grain bill might be different for different recipes, but what you with them (the process) will be the same, which is something akin to "mash grains for x minutes, in y gallons of water, sparge with y gallons of water to achieve a preboil volume of z gallons bring to boil, add hops as directed, cool, transfer to ferment, pitch yeast and rdwhahb."

So whether you are making a porter, stout, IPA, hefeweizen of whatever whatever your beer is, it's not gonna matter, my suggestion is pick a recipe or kit of a beer YOU want to drink..

+1
I was going to pose the same question to you. There are pretty easy recipes for most styles out there. I have made a few batches of beer that I really don't care for it and have regretted it. Make your first AG one that you will love and remember.

10 # of base malt
1 # of Carapils red malt
1 # of Crystal #60 malt

1 oz of Centennial for 60 min.
1 oz of Cascase for 15 min
0.5 oz of Cascade for 5 min.
1 Whirlfloc. tablet

Safale 05

6 oz corn sugar for conditioning

To make it simplier you can sub Cascade for the Centennial.

Both the wife and I love it.

This is a good easy to brew first beer.

cheers, Mike

thanks to all the suggestions. i also understand make what i like too. but thats just it i like most beer except porters.

sounds like revvy beat me to it. look for something you can do with a single infusion and the rest will be gravy.

Back