Help!!! Child runs into fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnfever

Reaction score
Have two buckets of brew, one fermenting and the other just sitting. This morning my little girl was not paying attention were she was running and SLAM in to the buckets. One of the the airlock flew off and the one fermenting the brew when it to the air lock. well not thinking I grabbed the airlock and just threw in back into the bucket and the other after a few minutes settled down. First off are these beers ruined? I didn't even think about it when I tossed the airlock back into the bucket to sanitize it. The other was pretty shaken up. The one that the airlock flew out of is a Belgian double and is aging one more week before it goes into a carboy for another few weeks.

Any info will be great.

Thanks BierMuncher!! I was worried about about oxidation. I also forgot to mention that I use vodka in my airlocks so Not to concerned with that more of oxidation.

Thanks agian :mug:

Might be a good idea to put the fermenters (and secondaries) somewhere she can't get to. Never know when she might "float test" a dead mouse, crayons, or one of those other things small kids can find in the cleanest houses.

Might be a good idea to put the fermenters (and secondaries) somewhere she can't get to. Never know when she might "float test" a dead mouse, crayons, or one of those other things small kids can find in the cleanest houses.

Good tip bu,t my daughter is 8 and was being chased around the house by mom fooling around.

"Mom" knows how mad I was lol. So should I be worried about oxidation?

Back