How long to chill??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjensen1068

Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question but here goes. I have a batch of Brown Ale that I bottled approx 3 weeks ago....I just had some this weekend - tasted good. I chilled only 6 bottles, put them in the fridge for about 8 hours before consuming. Wondering if they should be chilled longer, couple days, or does it even matter. Will it improve taste to chill longer?

Second part of the question. Should I chill the rest of the batch, carbination was really good already, or do I leave them as is and only chill prior to consumption????

Thanks for entertaining my noob questions.

Cheers :mug:

It may improve the tatse by aging if your beer needed more time to condition, but If you were happy with the way it tasted then load up the frigde and enjoy

The mouthfeel of the beer will improve if you allow several days of chilled aging.
The CO2 will be retained in solution longer and give a more "thorough" carbonation effect.

Back